Insurrection...

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

barbarossa2

Insurrection...

Post by barbarossa2 »

Okay. So, I am playing as France in a PBEM, and I have succeeded in launching one of the infamous "insurrections" in the British protectorate of Bavaria's capital of Munich.

So... what happens now? Not much as I can tell. Nothing changed after the announcement that it was successful.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
aprezto

RE: Insurrection...

Post by aprezto »

They'll have lost the Bavarian Army.
They'll have lost empire points = No of Bavarian provinces they owned +1
They'll lose NM

Image courtesy of Divepac
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

Well, the reports indicated there was an insurrection in Munich and that my diplomat caused it. If he had actually succeeded, would the protectorate status with Bavaria that Britain had be lost too? It is still a British protectorate from what I can tell.
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

Yes, an insurrection should return Bavaria back to being a Neutral minor power.

Not sure then, FoW? Can you see into the province. I imagine you can as the diplomat should still be there.

Image courtesy of Divepac
Mus

Post by Mus »

If you read the event report it immediately joined up with Britain as a protectorate again. They have good relations still and you had a big chunk of nearby troops.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Marshal Villars

Post by Marshal Villars »

Oh! So, that is all an insurrection does? Well, it doesn't seem terribly dangerous then!

If you can get them back IMMEDIATELY in situations like this!
Mus

Post by Mus »

This is a pretty rare situation with troops moving through the area triggering a new call to form a protectorate almost right as the power becomes independent.

If anything it shows that the insurrection occurence wasn't very plausible in the first place. Why would a country revolt and then immediately turn around and ask the country to form a protectorate again? They wouldn't have revolted in the first place if things weren't so bad!
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Well to be fair, flip-flopping was a pretty common thing. Maybe there was a smal revolt, that managed for a brief period (a week or so) to "gain control" but then the rebel faction was 'defeated' by the "loyalists." Imagine some street-fighting among peasants, a couple squads of 'royal guards' opening up with the grape shot . . . several hundred dead . . .

The more we play, the more I think Insurrections is working okay. It might need a _bit_ of nerfing but it is not nearly so overpowered as was originally thought.
ORIGINAL: Mus

This is a pretty rare situation with troops moving through the area triggering a new call to form a protectorate almost right as the power becomes independent.

If anything it shows that the insurrection occurence wasn't very plausible in the first place. Why would a country revolt and then immediately turn around and ask the country to form a protectorate again? They wouldn't have revolted in the first place if things weren't so bad!
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

I have been concentrating my insurrection efforts on protectorates. Does this also work against "homeland" provinces of any sort (either core territories or conquered territories)?

By the way, I did carry out a successful insurrection in Hanover this turn. So, I have managed to pull of two in the last 3 months. One of them failing (in Bavaria) probably because I actually had troops in their country--forcing them back into the hands of Britain.
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
Mus

Post by Mus »

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

The more we play, the more I think Insurrections is working okay. It might need a _bit_ of nerfing but it is not nearly so overpowered as was originally thought.

I am still on the fence about it. No frills has seen the British lose 2 protectorates in about 4 months time.

It is actually to the point that protectorates are practically useless. It definetely needs to be nerfed, the question is only by how much.

I think the unrest before revolt makes a ton of sense. That plus the 40k ungarrisoned troops preventing it in combination should take care of it.

The only thing I think may not be a good idea is to give insurrections increased cost as was being kicked around. That may be overdoing it.
ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

I have been concentrating my insurrection efforts on protectorates. Does this also work against "homeland" provinces of any sort (either core territories or conquered territories)?

Nope, only possessions.
Marshal Villars

Post by Marshal Villars »

Mus, just curious. What do you define as "possessions"? Protectorates?
Mus

Post by Mus »

ORIGINAL: Marshal Villars

Mus, just curious. What do you define as "possessions"? Protectorates?

Any province that doesn't have just the National Flag on it I think. There may be a few exceptions where a conquered province has just the national flag as well.

I personally think the Spanish and French need more territory that is susceptible to insurrection.
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

ORIGINAL: Mus
ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

I am still on the fence about it. No frills has seen the British lose 2 protectorates in about 4 months time.

It is actually to the point that protectorates are practically useless. It definetely needs to be nerfed, the question is only by how much.

I think the unrest before revolt makes a ton of sense. That plus the 40k ungarrisoned troops preventing it in combination should take care of it.

The only thing I think may not be a good idea is to give insurrections increased cost as was being kicked around. That may be overdoing it.
ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

Nope, only possessions.

Seems fairly reasonable. Only slight diff: having a large non-garrisoned force should also have a deterring effect on insurrections IMO. Example: a province with 7000 garrison, but 75K container force in it should be just about as impossible to provoke insurrection in as is one with a 40K garrison. Given militias are 7500 max 40K honestly seems high to me.
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”