Supply Depots

Share your best strategies with other players here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

wolf4

Supply Depots

Post by wolf4 »

I have just started reading the rules for "Crown of Glory" and would like to know about supply depots. It mentioned somewhere that units are supplied adjacent to supply depots. What does that mean exactly? Does it mean units in the same province as the supply depot or units in another province next to a province with a supply depot are supplied?

By the way, I haven't yet got "Crown of Glory Emperor's Edition". I am using the original version. I have just started reading up on this game a few nights ago and I like it so far. I actually bought this game one or two years ago saw the graphics tried it and then put it away thinking it was probably a useless game. I was wrong. I think I am going to enjoy this game.

I was trying out "Europa Universalis III" but find it irritating with all the "pop ups" jumping before me. I also didn't like the fact that one has to keep control of the time speed all the time - I prefer turn based play. Everything seem a bit chaotic. I find it tiring having to slow down the speed or pause the game then read all these "pop ups" and then try to find each province and battle it was referring to - headache! Enemy units keep "ping-ponging" back and forth attacking everything in sight.

"Crown of Glory" feels so much more crisp and tidier compared to "Europa Universalis III". Definitely I prefer "Crown of Glory", peaceful to play with.

wolf4
Joram

RE: Supply Depots

Post by Joram »

Units are supplied in the same province and in the next province.  
wolf4

Post by wolf4 »

Thanks Joram for your time out to give me an answer.

wolf4
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

I was the same, I cannot stand EU3 to be honest and gravitated to this game
Matrix Member since 2003!
Mus

Post by Mus »

Seems like a lot of people are talking about starting EU3 recently and not liking it. Did they have some recent expansion come out or value pack that contained EU3 and all the expansions?

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Yeah, EU3 Complete was on sale at Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/25800/

Matrix Member since 2003!
daemonofdecay

Post by daemonofdecay »

Personally, I love both games - Crown of Glory and EU3 are both fantastic games.

They just offer a different fare.

EU3 is a more general game that offers, quite frankly, a better overall view of the entire world for you to dable in. And if you don't like vanilla, I strongly suggest the mod Magna Mundi (the latest version of which is coming out in October). It is a complete overhaul of the game.

COG on the other hand offers a more detailed if narrower picture, this giving one a better game about the Napoleonic Era. Not to mention that the player gets to fight their own battles, which is something EU3 doesn't have.

I've played many hours of both games, so I'm a fan of each if you can't tell! [:D]
SNAPE KILLS TRINITY WITH ROSEBUD! Then it turns out they were both Tyler Durden.
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

Wolf 4, with the first patch out, I can only STRONGLY recommend the investment in CoG:EE. I know a player who did not enjoy CoG for various reasons, and is now a pretty extreme CoG:EE fan. For me, it is the best Napoleonic game I have ever played. And I have played and considered A LOT of games. Is it perfect? No. But it is as close to great as you are likely to get on a Napoleonic Grand Strategy game out there.

Just my two cents.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.

Return to “The War Room”