Version 2.10 Heads up

Battle of Britain II “Wings of Victory” re-creates the famous and desperate air battles over southern England in 1940 at both the strategic level of the Air Commander and that of the individual plane and pilot. Relive what Churchill called "their finest hour", join the fight in the Battle of Britain!
buddye

Version 2.10 Heads up

Post by buddye »

We are only 2 weeks or so from our release of BOBII version 2.10. Here is a short video of some of the new features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hMcU5SoHc

We also plan a new 2.10 User Manual.

I will post the official 2.10 relaese here when it is released.

As with all BOBII versions, the 2.10 version is free to BOBII game owners.
Hard Sarge

RE: Version 2.10 Heads up

Post by Hard Sarge »

sounds/looks good Buddye
buddye

Post by buddye »

Hi Sarge,

Hope all is well. BTW, I still think you are the best and most aggressive flight sim gamer/player/gunner I have ever seen.

I hope the game you are working on is going well for you.

We are still busy working on BOBII. Progress ,as always, is slow but steady.

I guess that BOBII (our Time Machine for the BOB) is still a labor of love for us.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Thank you Sir

any chance I get, I make sure to tell people they should give BoB II a try (and I got inside info on how much work is being done and how great the people are who are doing it, a labor of love comes to mind :)

and...

mine is Handed over, we are waiting on the production system to kick in, we hope it will be released in a bit

and again, to be honest, you being willing to work and make changes, made it all the easier to try to get you the info you needed

kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Hey Buddye [8D]

Sounds great. This game is such a blast !! I have an earlier version. I am assuming I can get a patch / update download when this is released? Or are the changes so huge will I need replace game CD?

Funny I havnt run my current campaign for a few months cause of RL getting in the way and just picked it up again a few days ago and now you have an upgrade on the way. This is awesome !!

Love to see you guys take the Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich and turn it into this where you can fly in the missions. ... Yeah I know.. but I can dream about it. At any rate this is one of my favorite games. You can run it as Strat or Simm or Both !!!

Later,
KayBay [8D]
It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I have asked questions about that kind of a game, but not really gotten any answers (maybe not asking the right people ?)

first off keep it small and simi simple to see if it works and people would want it, but say something like control a Tiffy Squadron during D-Day time Frame

think the BTR engine would be great for the one side of it, and the BoBII engine for the simming part would be great

but, I do the testing and the reseach, can't say what the programming odds would be

(which if that worked, then maybe think about a whole package thing, but that could be years and years and years, and by then, who would care :(
buddye

Post by buddye »

Hi kaybayray,

Yes, you can download version 2.10 when it it is realeased (both the 2.10 and the multi skin) and use it without having to purchase anything. You will never need a new game CD and the updates are always free for owners of the game CD.

Hope you will give 2.10 a try. It is our largest update so far and I hope our best.
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Buddye,
I definately will. This is one of my favorites. This game has it all IMHO.

Later,
KayBay [8D]
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Hard Sarge [8D]

Hey Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Wings of Valor !!!

Hey Hey ?? LETS DO IT !!!

All us fanatics out there got to be able to get this going.
KayBay
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ahhh, I could be the lead tester, lead reseacher (got most of that work done already :) but you going to need a lot of very good programmers to even get that idea off the ground

and that I think is over the Heads of people like me and Buddye (my group, his group)

but we can dream
buddye

Post by buddye »

Dreaming about flight sim's is fun but the work is major and the groups are small (we have only two part time programmers and C++ programmers are hard to get as we are all volunteers and we do not sell our updates or work).
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Roger

I know the insides of alot of these groups :)

this would take one of the big boys, and, well we have seen how long Olaf's new game is taking (his has been in the works much longer then mine has :) (but my is handed over)

Return to “Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory”