Surrendering isnt option in SPWaW?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
OKW-73

Surrendering isnt option in SPWaW?

Post by OKW-73 »

Anyone can explain why surrendering doesnt work in campaign pbem? when my opponent tries surrender pressing F9, game asks Y/N, he answer Y and send files to me after saving, but game just continues like nothing happened... :confused: this occurs only in campaign when we play it via email..if we play scenario surrendering works fine...is there a bug or something?

tya
"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor »

I don't know, the only quick answer I can come up with it, is that this option was never intended to be used in that type of game option therefore it's not coded properly. I'll do some testing and get back to you on this. It appears that you got the PBEM Campaign working though which is a good thing.
OKW-73

Post by OKW-73 »

Yes, i did get pbem campaign work, thanks to your help :)
"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
Supervisor

Post by Supervisor »

OKW-73: I think I found the problem with your opponents surrender during campaign not actually happening. I just tried it on several campaigns I set up as human vs human and it works fine. After surrendering you are required to manually save your battle over your existing save before you can send it to your opponent. Because surrendering bypasses the end turn save function. Let he/she know if they do it again to make sure they manually save over the current save/slot before they send it back to you. I hope this helps.
OKW-73

Post by OKW-73 »

Thank you again for helping me out m8! :)

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”