Fuel Cargo Bug

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Gary D

Fuel Cargo Bug

Post by Gary D »

Gents;

Had this one pop up in a game this morning, Allied Human vs AI. Small amphib group unloading the 2nd Marine Engineers on Wallis one turn. Next turn the Marines had landed and two of the AKs had loads of 65K fuel each. Screen shot uploaded.

I have before and after saves, but it is a "custom" game where I made half a dozen of the early DB fixes myself so I do not know if your interested? I modified nothing involving ships.

Thanks for all your efforts!
Attachments
Fuel.jpg
Fuel.jpg (103.54 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Don Bowen

RE: Fuel Cargo Bug

Post by Don Bowen »

Port that before save and I'll take a look.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Don,

Here you go! When I had the "negative endurance bug" I steamed the glitched ship around for a turn or two and it auto corrected. Don't know if that will work here but thats the plan and I'll let you know how it works out.

Gary

Attachments
wpae198.zip
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

It looks like the problem occured way back at TF load time. Do you have the save when the TF started loading?
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Don;

Attached are two saves that show how I managed to fat finger this. The TF started life in PH hauling fuel from PH to Pago. With a bit of fuel left in the cargo, it looks like I swapped it to Amphib and told it to load Marines. Thats the first save. Second one, the fuel on the TF swapped to supply. It looks like I induced the bug by not letting the TF empty before I changed it to Amphib and reloaded it. New rule to self, unload everything prior to letting Marines aboard!

Thanks again!
Attachments
wpae197.zip
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

The last save
Attachments
wpae196.zip
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: Gary D

Don;

Attached are two saves that show how I managed to fat finger this. The TF started life in PH hauling fuel from PH to Pago. With a bit of fuel left in the cargo, it looks like I swapped it to Amphib and told it to load Marines. Thats the first save. Second one, the fuel on the TF swapped to supply. It looks like I induced the bug by not letting the TF empty before I changed it to Amphib and reloaded it. New rule to self, unload everything prior to letting Marines aboard!

Thanks again!

Yes, I can see this series of events ending in FUBAR. I'll run the saves and see if a Dutch Boy's finger will fit.

Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Earliest save already has the load accomplished. Can you go back to the save just before you issued the Load Troops order?
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Don,

Here is TF609 earning an honest living hauling fuel down to Pago Pago prior to becoming amphibious.

Attachments
wpae195.zip
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Thanks. I'll run this one.

All my testing with the previous saves indicates no problem. Or, more accurately, no problem remaining as I am running with code with patches.

Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

I've run this save all the way through load, with no issues. I forgot to set Troops Only so it fully loaded with supply - exactly right and with all controls proper.

Out of time for today but I'll run it to unload when I get a chance, just to be sure.

But I am confident that whatever issue may have caused the problem has already been addressed for the patch. Either that, or the virgin that I sacrificed before running the tests really was a virgin.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

Have run this from change mission to load to unload. No issues. Whatever it was has been solved by previous patch code or virgin sacrifice.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

It was likely what those sailors did to the virgin Marines crossing the equator!

All hail Neptunus Rex — Ruler of the Raging Main!! :)

Return to “Tech Support”