Oil to China

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jb123

Oil to China

Post by jb123 »

Ok, I'm working on a China industry spreadsheet right now, in the mean time I have a question. There's 300 oil and 100 refinery in Burma. If I keep a road open from Magwe to China (trails through mountains) will that oil and fuel find it's way to China? or will the Burmese hoard it to themselves?
Mistmatz

RE: Oil to China

Post by Mistmatz »

I dont know the answer but find it very unlikely that the allies would have transported oil to China to produce supplies (fuel is not needed anyway).

It's much easier to transport the supplies directly which is already in the game with the implemenatation of the Burma Road"."
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

jb123

Post by jb123 »

I know, the Burma road is the way to go, but now the Burma road consists of Rangoon- Tsyung only. No Ledo Road. If I can delay at Rangoon long enough I can have a few Chinese units in Burma to deny the 300 oil to the Japanese.

While they're denying to oil, I might as well use it.
jb123

Post by jb123 »

and a small amount of fuel is nice to top off subs at pakhoi before they harass Formosa and supply lines in the China sea.
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

Well you could try and sneak in a tanker (rather suicidal I'd say) OR you harass his tankers when he tries to pick up the oil... [;)]

jb123

Post by jb123 »

I'd rather have those elite Japanese divisions fighting in the malarial jungle against my unlimited Chinese infantry. Thanks
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

I'd like that too, especially since Burma isn't worth the effort. You go right ahead and do that, I'll start moving on the Chinese bases that you leave uder-defended. [;)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
jb123

Post by jb123 »

yeah, all good points, after doing the spreadsheet the oil, as you said, doesn't matter anyways. Which leads me to the next question I'll post in a sep post, how does supply fit into transports? a c-47 has 6000 capacity, what does supply cost in capacity points?

The Chinese supply situation is dire.
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

100 if I recall correctly.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

ORIGINAL: Mynok

100 if I recall correctly.

That would be 60 supply per plane, almost 1000 supply per squadron per day... This seems a bit too much doesn't it?

Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

It used to be 1 supply needed 2000 capacity of a TR.  It changed?
Created by the amazing Dixie

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”