Doing it my way...

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Crazy Aido

Doing it my way...

Post by Crazy Aido »

So, I thought I'd try out a WF DCG, once again, using a fairly large org.

This time however, I wanted to try my hand at editing, so I created the most ludicrously overpowered armoured formation and slapped it into the main org files.

Does that count as cheating, in this case, god yes.

I wanted to try my hand at playing a game where the armour goes on the offensive, I can see what it's like to actually attack with heavy armoured forces in the late war period. Thus, I obviously picked the Ardennes campaign.

Currently I'm still setting up, but, to rationalise, I wanted to try out all the huge, ominously scary formations I keep seeing but never being able to use, the army I put together is just such a formation.

But then, this might seem boastful, I shouldn't have to rationalise, I'm aware that I'm overbalancing things in my favour.

As for my other AAR...

Whoops?
War assumes human weakness, against this, it is directed.
Jason Petho

RE: Doing it my way...

Post by Jason Petho »

As long as you're having fun, that's what counts!

Jason Petho
Crazy Aido

RE: Doing it my way...

Post by Crazy Aido »

Sir, I shall use that one statement as validation for whatever I now do to what I consider a beautiful game.

Prepare to cry.

Seriously though, once again, I am still just messing around with deployment. It's an armoured breakthrough, but it looks highly do-able, For one very simple reason, the exit hex is in the far left corner. Looking at the road network, I should be able to move an armoured division level battlegroup up there with little trouble. Meanwhile, I'll give one of the panzergrenadier divisions the job of moving up parralel to it, then, with the bulk of the corp level artillery, swinging left and either pushing or engulfing anyone who gets in the way. Or at least, that's the plan.

Pictures to follow...
War assumes human weakness, against this, it is directed.

Return to “After Action Reports”