It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

puresimmer

RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released

Post by puresimmer »

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

Oh, and I second the return to the Box Score of the Win, Loss, Hold(s), and Save for the Pitcher section. Let's not start pulling things away with the modifications. I'd also like to see the return of the team's score in the boxes at the top of the Box Score, Visitor on the left, Home on the right.

It wasn't on purpose, just on oversight after the huge amounts of changes. It'll be back.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

ORIGINAL: GNDN

I am happy to see Vista suppoorted, I can move between my laptop and desktop again. Shaun, I seem to rememebr you trying or wanting to set up PS to run in a 1920 x 1200 resolution. I do not seem to see it the notes, were you able to make it happen?

I was asking for that sort of thing. The way so many things are set up for a locked 1024x768 it's not likely to happen. I run in a window even if it is smaller.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

I just had a thought.  Shaun, would it work if you made the window re-sizable and it could stretch to fit the entire desktop?
Orcin

Post by Orcin »

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

Oh, and I second the return to the Box Score of the Win, Loss, Hold(s), and Save for the Pitcher section. Let's not start pulling things away with the modifications. I'd also like to see the return of the team's score in the boxes at the top of the Box Score, Visitor on the left, Home on the right.

It wasn't on purpose, just on oversight after the huge amounts of changes. It'll be back.

While you are looking at the box score... [;)]

I would love to see the pinch-hitters listed with a position of PH, and the players sorted in order of appearance within a given batting order position. In other words, if Bob Gibson were pitching, Bob Skinner pinch-hit for him, Ron Taylor replaced him, then Mike Shannon pinch-hit for Taylor, and Barney Schultz replaced Taylor on the mound, the box score would read...

Gibson P
Skinner PH
Taylor P
Shannon PH
Schultz P

instead of

Gibson P
Taylor P
Schultz P
Shannon P
Skinner P

as it does now.

SirWolf1960

Post by SirWolf1960 »

One more small thing. I have a 12 team, two division association. The first year after the change, the other division had a tie, and there was a playoff game. But a few seasons later, my team was involved in a tie, and there was no playoff. It just put my team in the World Series.

Othere than that. 1.80 is working flawlessly for me.

Steve
Hacko

Post by Hacko »

ORIGINAL: rich12545

I just had a thought.  Shaun, would it work if you made the window re-sizable and it could stretch to fit the entire desktop?

This is a great idea, I play in windowed mode, because I don't like what it looks like in full screen mode. It would be nice to be able to stretch the screen though.

puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

ORIGINAL: Hacko

ORIGINAL: rich12545

I just had a thought. Shaun, would it work if you made the window re-sizable and it could stretch to fit the entire desktop?

This is a great idea, I play in windowed mode, because I don't like what it looks like in full screen mode. It would be nice to be able to stretch the screen though.

Unfortunately it is a lot more work than that. There are tons of elements that are absolutely positioned at x,y coordinates, graphics that would need to be re-sized without losing fidelity etc..

I will say that the UI changes I have been making recently are all part of a plan to increase flexibility on this front. There are literally hundreds of screens and components that need to be considered.

I considering moving to a UI that looks and feels more like a web site, and reducing the amount of graphical backgrounds etc. This layout would pave the path to resolution independence.
Developer, PureSim Baseball

Return to “PureSim Baseball”