Pending Modern Wars Vol. I

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Jason Petho

RE: Pending Modern Wars Vol. I

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: barker

Will you be able to edit the Platoon files and etc or does this still have to go through the all seeing eye....by the way I did roll back my JTCS to 1.03 and made vast improvements to aspects of the game...but any who will it be editable?

Yes, the platoon and weapon files will be editable, but you will be required to send me the files for encryption. The system is working quite well so far.

All other files are fully modable.

Jason Petho

marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

hmmmm....same bat-forms, same bat-process.....holy non thinking batman we just send in our request and poof....how enjoyable.....they take all the learning vurve right out....got to love it....thanks Jason again you guys are great....

juat curious how did you guys get to be the way you are...hmmmm sending in data and then having it incorporate it or do you have the encryption to allow you to have the knowledge.....oh well .....I know this is a sore subject and I am just expressing my opinion no more no less....and this is not a slam against you Jason, Just the mode of thinking that PBM takes all the precedence.....

Happy Gaming

happy little drone that cares not to expand there event horizons....
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

hmmmm....same bat-forms, same bat-process.....holy non thinking batman we just send in our request and poof....how enjoyable.....they take all the learning vurve right out....got to love it....thanks Jason again you guys are great....

Of course, there is no learning curve required to encrypt a file.

The learning curve is required to do all the grunt work prior to encrypting.

Your experience modding the Campaign Series would show you that.

Jason Petho
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Actually Jason to comprehend the structure you have to understand what format it needs to be in. I have really enjoyed creating units...Platoon level along with vehicles.....running the tool and then see it work...that is some good stuff. For example creating an Army the individual units etc....the what if OOB's along with a what if units....for it all to gel you need to edit and test on the fly so that is gone so be it.....that is why I rolled back to 1.03 because of a few bad apples that does not know how to play a game by email without cheating. I tend to play JTCS with the DCG...rarely do I play a LCG for it is scripted. DCG's are Random and fun....designing your own creation with Units you have researched is a great thing.....that is why After my computer crash...regardless of what wizbang effects you put into 1.05 still a year or so down the road. I can still put those units in 1.03 and modify tables etc. Unless you in you infinitewisdom decide to take the ASCII file out.

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Actually Jason to comprehend the structure you have to understand what format it needs to be in. I have really enjoyed creating units...Platoon level along with vehicles.....running the tool and then see it work...that is some good stuff. For example creating an Army the individual units etc....the what if OOB's along with a what if units....for it all to gel you need to edit and test on the fly so that is gone so be it.....that is why I rolled back to 1.03 because of a few bad apples that does not know how to play a game by email without cheating. I tend to play JTCS with the DCG...rarely do I play a LCG for it is scripted. DCG's are Random and fun....designing your own creation with Units you have researched is a great thing.....that is why After my computer crash...regardless of what wizbang effects you put into 1.05 still a year or so down the road. I can still put those units in 1.03 and modify tables etc. Unless you in you infinitewisdom decide to take the ASCII file out.

The structure is easily interpeted within the *.oob files, platoon through to army.

I am working on a document that will help explain how they work and recommendations to formalize some sort of standards when creating units and armies, as they presently is little to be had.

I do agree, there is vast pleasure in creating organizations and units. You should post some of your work, I am sure there are those eager to have a new mod.

LCG's can be random, depending on the tree that the designer has created. DCG's are random in appearance, but are also quasi scripted.

Jason Petho
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

[font="times new roman"]Standards are a great tool to have in place for a unit generation but really what standards are there? If you think about it modding can be very daunting to individual, so the more comprehensible you can make the technicalities the more fun the consumer have with the product.[/font]
[font="times new roman"] [/font]

[font="times new roman"]Create New ICON2d (Laymen’s terminology)[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Create New ICON3d (Laymen’s terminology)[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Create New Terrain BMP’s[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Create a Unit[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Standard Order of Battle Headers to give last Sequential Number in hierarchy and better descriptions.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Best Programs Used for effects.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]A forum for Novice Mod Workshops[/font]
[font="times new roman"]A forum for the Grognards[/font]
[font="times new roman"]2 weapons files and 2 Platoon files[/font]

[font="times new roman"]1 for editing and modding purposes and the other for email gaming.[/font][/ol][/ol]
                                                               [font="times new roman"]i.      [/font][font="times new roman"]Email Games should read a specific locked down version of the OOB.[/font]
                                                             [font="times new roman"]ii.      [/font][font="times new roman"]Modded Gaming Should be open source and available.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Some very good examples of other games that has sold very well and can still be modified.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Take Command Series.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Combat Mission Series[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Silent Hunter 3[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Silent Hunter 4[/font]
[font="times new roman"]User Created addon’s in these games really shows the consumer taking a product and creating an excellent game with no interference from anyone except giving you guidance into an appropriate way of doing what you want.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Put the Fun Back into it[/font]
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

barker

lol barker i heard you were taken prisoner at kursk ? glad you got away.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”