Map Distances

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

davidjruss

Map Distances

Post by davidjruss »

Re map distances / endurance figures

( this copied from the AE MAP , BASE , ECONOMIC Thread as I don't know if it is a map or technical issue )

I have been trying to figure out the smallest size vessel capable of travelling between Capetown - Perth and vice versa.

However I am finding that from Capetown to Perth the task force endurance figure states the hex distance as 139 whilst from Perth to Capetown the figure shown is 233. Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy?

As a further note , when setting up a round trip from Perth to Capetown the TF screen shows the Hex / endurance figure as 278 but if I change the voyage to one way the endurance figure is shown as 233 and not 139 which is 1/2 of 278

DavidR
Don Bowen

RE: Map Distances

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Re map distances / endurance figures

( this copied from the AE MAP , BASE , ECONOMIC Thread as I don't know if it is a map or technical issue )

I have been trying to figure out the smallest size vessel capable of travelling between Capetown - Perth and vice versa.

However I am finding that from Capetown to Perth the task force endurance figure states the hex distance as 139 whilst from Perth to Capetown the figure shown is 233. Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy?

As a further note , when setting up a round trip from Perth to Capetown the TF screen shows the Hex / endurance figure as 278 but if I change the voyage to one way the endurance figure is shown as 233 and not 139 which is 1/2 of 278

DavidR

Yes, this has been reported and will be addressed in the next patch. The on map/off map transistion is double calculating range to home port. Not to work, this is just a display issue and the TF will proceed normally.
davidjruss

Post by davidjruss »

Don,

Thank you for the response.

Currently a ship with an endurance of say 180 hexes will show a "green ok" for fuel for the trip Capetown - Perth but a "red over distance" for the voyage Perth - Capetown.

Are you saying that at present if a vessel shows the Perth - Capetown voyage as having insufficient fuel capacity but can in fact make the trip then it will make the voyage ok and the programme will not stall the TF in mid ocean for insufficient fuel in one of the ships?

DavidR
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Don,

Thank you for the response.

Currently a ship with an endurance of say 180 hexes will show a "green ok" for fuel for the trip Capetown - Perth but a "red over distance" for the voyage Perth - Capetown.

Are you saying that at present if a vessel shows the Perth - Capetown voyage as having insufficient fuel capacity but can in fact make the trip then it will make the voyage ok and the programme will not stall the TF in mid ocean for insufficient fuel in one of the ships?

DavidR

Not specifically. There was an error in the application of distance to return to home port. Don't recall the exact parameters of the problem. However, you can get around it by simply setting home port to the destination (thereby omitting the return trip). This will show you the correct range and required endurance. Then just set home port back. But do NOT do this for a TF in the off map pipe. TF gets messed up.
davidjruss

Post by davidjruss »

Don,

Apologies for still querying this but my question does not relate to a return voyage.The Perth - Capetown one-way journey at present shows a range of 233, the opposite one-way voyage being shown as 139.

What I am asking is at present do I have to use a larger vessel for the Perth - Capetown route ( than the Capetown - Perth route ) to take into account the longer 233 hex voyage ?

DavidR

Return to “Tech Support”