industry troops resource pool

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

lostsm

industry troops resource pool

Post by lostsm »

in WiTP, jap vs AI, dec 31st 42 levels... are these atypical?

manpower: 592,811
HI: 348,585
armament: 75,159
vehicle: 13,335

I ran low on vehicles when the 3rd tank reg (chinese exp) showed up, but it quickly got remedied when I turned vehicle production back on. manpower and armament don't seem to budge much, granted there really wasn't much fighting in the last 3 months of the game to deplete these.

with high manpower/arms/vehicle levels, there is no need to keep those industries on or feed manpower centers right?

as for HI, it's just steadily climbing, of course arms, vals and kates production is halted.

these numbers just seem really high. I thought I'd be stringing it out nearing the end of 42, but it was the opposite, IJ was just getting fatter and fatter. in comparison I saw the allies had 1.8 mil manpower, 3 times as much, but still. this was vs AI so I suppose it's not much of a far stretch to accumulate so much.
Mike Solli

RE: industry troops resource pool

Post by Mike Solli »

Nope, those numbers look good.  This is WitP, right?  It sounds like you're doing the right things.  Turning things off and on as necessary.  In WitP, you don't have the option of turning manpower on or off.  It just sucks the resources.  You'll end up with much, much more manpower. 

More HI in the pool is good.  Later in the war when the nasty Allies cut off the Home Islands from the SRA, you'll have a nice pool of HI to keep your industry alive for a while longer.  

Having armaments and vehicle points is good.  You'll need them for reinforcements and replacements.  My goal is usually to have about 100k armaments and 40-50k vehicle points.  Keep an eye out for the tank division reinforcements.  You won't want them to come in at 1/3 strength unless you plan on changing their HQ.

Things look good.  Keep it up!
Created by the amazing Dixie
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Well if you are playing stock, then the economy is pretty easy to manage (WITP forum[;)])... IMO Stock & some other mods I don't care to mention gave players too much and didn't require them to manage the economy more than a cursory glance once in a while ... also V the AI, you won't be pushed economically ... sorry if I am sounding a bit condescending, I don't really intend to - just want to make it clear, this is not historical economics[8|]. PBEM, would make this more of a challenge and much more enjoyable!

(Tangent)Admirals Edition tries to make it better, by adding complexity etc, it is yet to be seen if this just causes supply meltdown ... but with the reduced air losses, maybe there is less need to build those 200+ Zero factories.[;)]

(Back on track)Manpower, will rise always. it can't be shut down, which makes sense, but I never ever repair the stuff... I'd make some goals for the game economically and strategically and see if I could fulfill them, cause the AI won't push you too much, you should push it!

--Damian--
lostsm

Post by lostsm »

thanks for the feedback... and yeah i realize vs AI it's not going to be a mind boggling issue, i was just curious how my situation was in the eyes of those that have been there.

there's no doubt that vs the computer it's just a matter of clicks and time, but the point of me doing all that was just to get a grasp on how to play and use all the features. I recently started an allied game, and with the exception of having bases all over the place; things are much more simple i think [:'(]
AvG

Post by AvG »

Again I see that players have the feeling that Jap-economy is not so difficult. But...!!!

I am experimenting with Armaments and buildrates.
Via the editor changed buildrates of IJA inf sq to 180 and support+engineers to 1200
Started the campaign with setting NO replacements.
Some check-results from Intel:
Dec 12 ---------------------------- Dec 13----- Dec 14
Manpower: 797(18290) ----- 22275----- 26260
Armament: 620(21037) ----- 21657----- 22277
This means there are no Manpowerpoints or Armament-points used.

There was however (Intel-report) production, that has been added to the pool.
10 inf sqds, 7 mines, 1 37mm AA (the ones with a realistic buildrate)
Adding to the pool means IMHO that the costs must be substracted.
How are the mines calculated? Loadcost of 1 mine is more than the whole Armam-prod!!

Conclusions:
If I let it run this way my pool is improving without any cost.
Probably is the "measuring point" wrong.

Do I make any mistakes???

AvG
AvG

Post by AvG »

I set all ground units to Allow replacements and go for the next turn.
Now there is a lot of production.
Support with a buildrate of 1200 are produced in last turn 110. Should be max 40
Engineers with he same buildrate of 1200 are only made 24 i.s.o. 40

Last day production (units*loadcost) was 8206 arm + manpower points (Including mines) at the cost of 4412 MP-points and
1416 Arm-points.

Looking at the editor and manual you get the impression that you have an influence on Armament-production.
There seems to be sort of a drawing force from the "field" the moment that replacements are allowed.

If my math is right I can conclude:
1. You have NO or allmost NO influence on the production of Armaments.
2. Armaments are produced way to CHEAP. This has an enormous influence on the economy.

IMHO these things do not fit in a beautifull simulation as WitPAE is.
Why not a solution for land and sea-units production like we have for aircraft? Of course you have more types, but
looking at the existing size of the game will that not be a real problem.

For the moment I give up and go back to my original campaign.

AvG

Return to “The War Room”