Tomorrow ?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

sabre100

Tomorrow ?

Post by sabre100 »

Will this be released tommorrow ? Come on I know it's ready it takes a day to build a windows installer package. :) Matrix don't hold out on us.
Hard Sarge

RE: Tomorrow ?

Post by Hard Sarge »

I will have to keep my mouth shut, any way I even try to answer that, I will get in trouble with somebdoy :)

but

No, I wouldn't expect it to be out tomorrow
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I think it's amazing that people STILL think that Matrix would "hold out on them" when it comes to releasing games. Saw the same thing with AE...[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

Actually majority of companies have games and or software build and in gold state and ready to go but won't release it for various reasons until X date. This is common practice and has been going on which I am sure you are well aware off. Now I can't speak to Matrix but I am betting with WITP:AE just released they want that game to be new for at least a month before they release another game and help with sales. Some companies hold out until release date as they want to hype the game more, or because of some marketing event or many other reasons. Good Example most companies release their games on Tuesday. Do you think the game is done and ready for download or retail same day? Look at Halo games for example they were sitting in Ebgames/GameStop closests in each store for a few days before the "Launch Date". I am sure it was done at least a week if not more in advance. Look at Windows 7 it is out already but you can't buy it until Oct 22nd. Sure it takes time to package it up but almost 2 months just to package it up? I dont' think so they had a set launch date and will release it that day. Technically they could start selling Windows 7 now if they choose to. This practice applies to many software/movie companies.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Not just WitPAE, but HoI 3 as well - two major WW II strategy games in the last month. I'm sure Matrix would want to wait for the market to grow back up again
Crocky

Post by Crocky »

Nah there not that mean .... I mean how long have most of us been following this with eager anticipation [:)]
Mike Blair CROCKY
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

come on guys, you sound like Fox from X-files

unless they playing a game on me, I am still waiting for my game to come back, so I can finish the last set of tests on it (that is the short one, the best one :)

Gargantou

Post by Gargantou »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

come on guys, you sound like Fox from X-files

unless they playing a game on me, I am still waiting for my game to come back, so I can finish the last set of tests on it (that is the short one, the best one :)

Glad to hear it! I can't believe how long I've been following the game, I started when I was about to enter secondary education, now I'm an adult heh!

Ironically, it was hearing about this game that made me buy the old BTR and BoB off eBay :)

I would challenge you to a PBEM game when it's out Sarge, but if my experience with BTR is any indication, I'd probably get my Stuka's handed to me on a dinnerplate, with a sallad of embarassment.:(
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Swift, Tanker and Kev are maybe better bets, they may be able to be much more active then I will be

but I will say, afterall this time, I am ready for a game, instead of running a test !

but, as I get yelled at for

it will be done sooner then you think, just not as soon as you would like :)

sauro brusch

Post by sauro brusch »

Tomorrow? i hope ...but when is tomorrow? Do you know?[&:][:D]
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Tomorrow is tomorrow as today is today & yesterday is yesterday but today is tomorrow's yesterday & yesterday is yesterday's today [:D]

Patience is a virtue grasshopper
tblersch

Post by tblersch »

I'm actually really busy at work right now, and don't have time to play. If you could hold off release until...oh, October or November, I'd really appreciate it.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

mood I am in right now, I may just take you up on that

but then I think Sulu Seas would come hunting for me !!!!
Twilight2k3

Post by Twilight2k3 »

Really looks like you've done an outstanding job here. I'll be one of the first in line for this. I've been watching the old 12 O'Clock High tv series and am really looking forward to missing my family when this is released.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

sounds like a good way to get ready for it

wish I would get some info, so I could pass on what is going on, but it is mushroom time around here

(I think I can say that with out getting in trouble ?)
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

wish I would get some info, so I could pass on what is going on, but it is mushroom time around here

Ah, I know that feeling all too well [:D]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
joey

Post by joey »

Well eat the mushrooms and release the game. It is Woodstock Day!
AttuWatcher

Post by AttuWatcher »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Tomorrow is tomorrow as today is today & yesterday is yesterday but today is tomorrow's yesterday & yesterday is yesterday's today [:D]

Patience is a virtue grasshopper

but which day is release day?
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

hmmm, how to say this...

we on the bussiness side of things now

so we are in the getting the stuff done on there end, all of this will get confusing (which is why I get to do the telling)

we need the installer, we need the Manual to make the installer for Gold, with out one, you don't get the other

once they get the Gold master, then they will be more willing to talk date and price

so, best guess is, we are weeks away yet

the trick is, how many ?

and, without eating a bunch of the mushrooms and gaining some "insight" I can not begin to tell you how many it will be

TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

HS;

OK...

Fedex delivered my new computer this weekend.
So now you can release the game! [;)]

TS

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”