Choice of Nato Symbols is questionable

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Crimguy

Choice of Nato Symbols is questionable

Post by Crimguy »

Curious why the units at Fort Ord (specifically the 7th Mech. Infantry division and the 159th MIR) have Armored NATO symbols. I think they should have the mechanized infantry NATO symbols (the oval with an X though it). I see that they are referred to as "Armored Units" but there's no armor in there, unless we're considering those 37mm pop guns armor.
Don Bowen

RE: Choice of Nato Symbols is questionable

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

Curious why the units at Fort Ord (specifically the 7th Mech. Infantry division and the 159th MIR) have Armored NATO symbols. I think they should have the mechanized infantry NATO symbols (the oval with an X though it). I see that they are referred to as "Armored Units" but there's no armor in there, unless we're considering those 37mm pop guns armor.

We do not have the armored Infantry symbol. Limited number of symbols so we made a choice. Infantry, no armor, wait, infantry, no definitely armor...
Dili

RE: Choice of Nato Symbols is questionable

Post by Dili »

Yes the Armor symbol should maybe a Motorised symbol, if there are too many motor units.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”