Wonderful witpStaff

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

39battalion

Wonderful witpStaff

Post by 39battalion »

This the first time I have used this incredible utility and what an eye opener it is !

I just spent an entire morning reviewing the data and reports it contains. This is almost as much fun as the game itself [:D][:D]

The only thing I couldn't get to work was the Events tab but that is probably because I am using 2 day turns.

If you haven't given witpStaff a go I highly recommend it. It will double your enjoyment of the game.

Well done and many thanks Woos
Graymane

RE: Wonderful witpStaff

Post by Graymane »

Yes, I just wish it had an airgroups listing and that the csv dumps had a header row so I knew what all the columns meant [:)] It is a great utility though!
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
cgoddard

Post by cgoddard »

Wish I could get it to work - I get some sort of error in the Dos box and nothing shows.

Error is EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION and something about problematic frame {msvcrt.dll}

Has anyone else had this issue?
iaidoka2

Post by iaidoka2 »

I haven't been able to get it work either, similar error I think.  But I am too busy trying to learn the game for the moment so it is no big deal (the Grand Campaign remains a dream for me at the moment).

Marc

Post by Marc »

IJN Chokai
iaidoka2

Post by iaidoka2 »

ORIGINAL: Marc

Did you read this?
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2178234

Thanks I hadn't seen that. After going through that thread and another I got it working. Thanks again.
lostsm

Post by lostsm »

is wiptstaff kind of like witptracker?
bilbow

Post by bilbow »

ORIGINAL: lostsm

is wiptstaff kind of like witptracker?

Same idea, yes. Woos did WitpDecoder a couple of years ago, and WITPStaff is based on it. Tracker came along later. I still use Decoder rather than Tracker in my current WITP games. Tracker is also excellent, just preference on my part.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill
lostsm

Post by lostsm »

very nice. i was wondering if i would still be able to use a program like that whenever i get AE, seeing how tracker isn't updated for AE yet afaik. good to know the game comes with this utility

never heard of witpdecoder though

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”