Battle Resolution Question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

poerr

Battle Resolution Question

Post by poerr »

If I were to hit the end button while an air battle is taking place, will that have an ill effect on the game?
dpstafford

RE: Battle Resolution Question

Post by dpstafford »

ORIGINAL: poerr
If I were to hit the end button while an air battle is taking place, will that have an ill effect on the game?
No. I do it all the time. In fact, I do it every time. On every air, land and sea battle I hit end or escape before it's done.
poerr

Post by poerr »

Thanks for the reply. I was worried this might screw up the database somehow. This could be a real timesaver in the opening move, which, if you were to run it out could be about 2 hours to execute.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

You can turn off the animations if you don't want to see them.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
myros

Post by myros »

I like having the animations on so I can see where the battle is, the forces involved etc ... I dont have the patience to sit through every detail so I just exit out when Im ready to see the results. I do watch a few through, carrier battles and like that.

M
dr. smith

Post by dr. smith »

I do not want to turn them off, not wanting to miss out some juicy raid/naval fight/big land battle.

However, what would be nice if hitting Return key, or any specific key would close the animations/combat reports - instead of having to move the mouse and click ion a tiny button to close the window.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

The combat report now has more detail than it used to.  Most battle reports have a location name and the hex coordinates too.  I don't have all the bases memorized, but looking at the coordinates I can usually get an approximate picture in my head.

The land combat reports now list the units involved.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
lazydawg

Post by lazydawg »

ORIGINAL: dr. smith

I do not want to turn them off, not wanting to miss out some juicy raid/naval fight/big land battle.

However, what would be nice if hitting Return key, or any specific key would close the animations/combat reports - instead of having to move the mouse and click ion a tiny button to close the window.

The escape key will do this for you.
dr. smith

Post by dr. smith »

ORIGINAL: ncdawg

thanks!
lazydawg

Post by lazydawg »

ORIGINAL: ncdawg

thanks!

You are welcome! Remember that the escape key is your friend!

It will skip animations you don't want to watch, it performs the same function as the exit button on an open screen, and it will temporarily decrease message delays.
Sonny II

Post by Sonny II »

The escape key does indeed get out of combat animations EXCEPT in PBEM games. It speeds up the animations and resolution of the turn but does not close the animation screen. This has to do with sync bug prevention.
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

You can also turn the animation delay down, which will make messages go by faster instead of completely removing them.
I find 0.5 seconds to be a fine setting. It's just long enough for you to be able to read the messages and short enough to not make you impatient.
regards,

Briny
Scott_USN

Post by Scott_USN »

I think my Esc key is getting wore out, sometimes I just push push push push when I want to get on with it. Only things I generally am interested in is surface fights I love those. Sometimes air

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”