[Deleted]

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
PaulWRoberts

RE: Good tip and suggestion?

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Maybe LCU's could be given a "stay in movement mode/switch to combat mode" option (akin to the "stay on station/retirement allowed" option for TFs) for when they reach their destination.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

ORIGINAL: Paul Roberts

Maybe LCU's could be given a "stay in movement mode/switch to combat mode" option (akin to the "stay on station/retirement allowed" option for TFs) for when they reach their destination.

Sound good.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
erstad

Post by erstad »

Why would you need the switch? Given that going into move mode seems to be instantaneous, why not always drop to combat mode upon hitting one's destination?

Or am I missing something?
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

ORIGINAL: Grognerd

Trying to learn this monster, I noticed it's somewhat difficult to tell when units reach their destination in move ops mode. So they can be put back on combat mode.

I have been changing their planning operations to the destination and using the display all ground units screen. When I sort on the ops mode "move" it will tell me when they are at the target hex, then I can change them back to combat.
This is the only way I can keep track of the dozens of units moving around China and so forth.
Does not work for hexes without bases though.

For a future patch item it would be nice for the little arrows to stick out from the ground unit on all four sides so I could visually tell when a unit in move mode has reached it's destination and is ready to be back in combat mode.

Or is there something else I've missed that already makes this easy and I'm just stupid!

We use "arrows sticking out" to tell us which units are moving. As to which units are in move mode - you need to remember which units are moving into enemy hexes and remember to change their mode to combat. Otherwise move them in to the enemy hex already in combat mode.
AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

I get what they are saying...

You don't have to be in move mode to move...look at it as combat loaded oo administratively loaded.

Example:
Artillery unit Administratively loaded (in move mode) will have all their gear packed neatly in boxes and such.

The same unit combat loaded (combat mode) are loaded in such a way that they can stop[ and shoot at a moment's notice...each gun has it's crew and ammo on it's own truck ready to rock.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

That raises a question though...

Do units move more efficiently on rails in move mode as opposed to combat mode?
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Units need to be in Strategic Mode to take advantage of rail movement.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

and roads?...better in move mode if no contact is expected?

Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Strategic:
Rail and major road bonus.

Move:
All hexes, bonus for roads and trails.
Cross country applicable to terrain cost.

Combat:
Cross country applicable to terrain cost.

Can't remember if move mod gets a modifier for rails.
If it does it's small.
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

That made sense to me, just clarifying...I will sure be happy when I get my stimulous package...I mean manual...from the government...

Halsey

Post by Halsey »

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

That made sense to me, just clarifying...I will sure be happy when I get my stimulous package...I mean manual...from the government...

[:D][:D][:D]

As far as movement, it's best to move into combat in combat mode.
If you don't, you could get smacked around.[;)][:D]
Sonny II

Post by Sonny II »

Movement in move mode is faster. If attacked from the air units in move mode will suffer more damage and automatically change to combat mode.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”