supply in India

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

crsutton

supply in India

Post by crsutton »

It no longer looks as if supplies will flow into Karachi like they did in WITP. Is Cape Town now my supply head for India? That is will I need to run regular convoys between Cape Town and India to keep supplies flowing?

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
denisonh

RE: supply in India

Post by denisonh »

Abadan and Aden are good sources of fuel/supply for Karachi as well as Capetown. Less subject to IJN interference as well.

I would use Capetown to supply Columbo and Oz.
ORIGINAL: crsutton

It no longer looks as if supplies will flow into Karachi like they did in WITP. Is Cape Town now my supply head for India? That is will I need to run regular convoys between Cape Town and India to keep supplies flowing?

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

Absolutely, Capetown will be the primary source for supplies on the CBI side of the map. The fuel will come from Abadan. The troops will come from Aden. So send the long range (13K+) AK to Capetown, the AP to Aden and the tankers to Abadan!

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

NOW you tell me. [:D]
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Capetown also supports Australia.

Horde those long endurance TK's and AK's for these ops.[;)]
Sheytan

Post by Sheytan »

LOL! Just what I was thinking myself.
ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

NOW you tell me. [:D]
Sheytan

Post by Sheytan »

Can you still draw reasonable supply from india by increasing local demand at port x? If so how slender is the supply pool in inida? IE will it cause problems?

One other question on supply, in AUS for example I see lots of small bases in the interior, and typically they are all orange. Will the local supply net pull supplys to them? I see no other way to do it myself, excluding air supply, and thats not practical initally in AUS.

Added the following, I know I can increase demand via the base management window, however this appears to be a roller coaster ride, where too much supply ends up getting pulled, the real question I believe then is, can I just leave them alone?
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Absolutely, Capetown will be the primary source for supplies on the CBI side of the map. The fuel will come from Abadan. The troops will come from Aden. So send the long range (13K+) AK to Capetown, the AP to Aden and the tankers to Abadan!

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

With the exception of the local garrisons in a few key ports, on turn one I put the entire Indian army on trains and sent them to Calcutta, Diamond Harbor and Dacca. I increased the demand for supplies in these ports and have not been supplying India at all. I have been increasing Airfields and Forticications in only a few key places and I "think" that the local supplies will hold without importing anything.

I am pretty sure that I don't produce enough oil in India. From years of playing stock WiTP. For now all my supplies are being routed to Oz and Malaya.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”