A small question about ALT-TAB

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
borsook79

A small question about ALT-TAB

Post by borsook79 »

One of the great things about turn-based games is that you can ALT-TAB, do something and comeback to the game without losing anything. Unfortunately I have a tiny problem with TOW minimalized. Although everything works fine typing any text in any text box is incredibly slow, with letters appearing only after a second or so... Does anyone have any idea how to rectify this? Perhaps some GPU settings?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
PDiFolco

RE: A small question about ALT-TAB

Post by PDiFolco »

Also observed that - Seems to me the game keeps usage of the CPU when minimized instead of going to sleep. Needs patching !
PDF
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Yep, same here.
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

same here, happened with RtV also
Gloo

Post by Gloo »

Did both of you try "AI thread priority" in the "Preference" pannel ? It may help (at least, it should [;)] ).
{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: Gloo

Did both of you try "AI thread priority" in the "Preference" pannel ? It may help (at least, it should [;)] ).
Good idea, will try it. I assume it won't have any negative impact on the AI performance?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Well, I have it set to "highest".
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

Ive noticed this as well. My AI Priority is set to highest.

Kushan
dooya

Post by dooya »

ORIGINAL: Borsook

Good idea, will try it. I assume it won't have any negative impact on the AI performance?
No, AFAIK, it does not influence the AI performance, but only the duration of the AI calculations.
Visit the German community at Strategycon Interactive
Gloo

Post by Gloo »

ORIGINAL: dooya
No, AFAIK, it does not influence the AI performance, but only the duration of the AI calculations.

Well, if it doesn't then I think it should be renamed into something more specific. Sorry for the bad advice guys, I really thought it could help.
{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”