Matrix Games Manual Special Offer

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ddg

Matrix Games Manual Special Offer

Post by ddg »

The following is my contacts with Matrix support in an attempt to purchase AE:

Having little luck using the coupon. Cookies are being accepted for www.matrixgames.com and www.digitalriver.com . My initial problem was trying to deny the extended digital download for two years. Sorry, but I'm rather good at archiving important documents and could not rationalize the additional expense.

When attempting to reset the field for the extended download to zero and then update the order with the update button, the cart resorts to empty. I try this a few times with the same result and then try the trash can to the right of the extended digital download item. Okay, this removes the extended download fees.

However, I originally selected the digital download with a physical copy, as I desired a hard copy of the manual. But I'm now thinking this way too pricey for the cost of the manual. I attempt to adjust the order for a digital download only, but the process again wants to add the extended download.

I've seen final prices over $100 (with S&H) and am now once again staring at $83.98 with the extended digital download. The promo code no longer appears to work, or maybe it's me.

The order number is Order Number: DR145550609

I purchased WiTP not long ago as the first step to the forthcoming Admirals Edition. Thought it an excellent way to get my feet wet as I await the final product. The decision to make AE a full standalone product is understandable and the Promo code is a viable alternative. However, it doesn't appear to be working for me.

For whatever it's worth department. I'm attempting this on a Linux machine using Mozilla Firefox. (Planning to play the game on my Windows XP Pro partition.)

Thoughts?

Thanks.

==============================================================================================================================

I have received the following email:

"We have updated your support issue.
Please visit the following URL to find our solution, or to provide additional details.

/HelpDesk/my.asp

Your Username: ddg
Your Password: (edited out)
Regards Matrix Games Support"
=======================================================
No solution is provided, so I have entered the following:

What specific additional details would you like? I believe my original comments were extremely detailed.

To summarize the original request. I am unable to purchase War in the Pacific Admirals Edition and obtain the promotional discount without selecting the extended download option (at an additional fee). Now the promotional discount does not appear to be vailid.

I would like to purchase War in the Pacific, Admirias Edition, without the extended download option. I would like to recieve the promotional offer, a discount of $20. I do not believe your intent is charge me approximately $85 for the game, but this is what is presented to me when I finally gave up trying to order, after an hour of attempting to purchase the game. Each new attempt comes up with a different price. One attempt was over $100. Something at digitalriver.com is not functioning properly (at least for me).

========================================================

Hoping the forum may offer better results. Anyone at Matrix care to be of assistance.

Thanks.
- Steve
Erik Rutins

RE: Matrix Games Manual Special Offer

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com and we'll try to figure out why the promo code isn't working for you.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Tech Support”