NAV and ASW Search Levels

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Toddr22_slith

NAV and ASW Search Levels

Post by Toddr22_slith »

Is it bad to have them set at 100%? Will it fatigue the pilots? If so, what is a good percentage?
Feltan

RE: NAV and ASW Search Levels

Post by Feltan »

It isn't bad in WITP, and I suspect it won't be bad in AE.

I usually check out moral and fatigue levels first. I have had air units on 100% ASW for months with no ill effects. On the other had, ship based float planes seem to lose moral quickly if at 100% -- I ususally run them at 50%.

Regards,
Feltan
RAM

Post by RAM »

At least in the guadalcanal scenario 100% search is a fast recipe to fatigue your unit to death.

Been working with 30 to 50% since the first turn, keeps the unit fatigue levels at bay.

but if I suspect there are enemy TFs nearby, by every means I'm putting 100% and to the hell with fatigue ;)
RAM

"Look at me! look at me!!!

Not like that! NOT LIKE THAT!!!"
Barb

Post by Barb »

I usually run with 30-50-70% .. depends on what I am searching for, in what direction, how many sectors and what range.
100% is critical search to me (only with spare pilots in squadron).

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”