Am I doing something wrong?

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
chromdome35

Am I doing something wrong?

Post by chromdome35 »

I am very frustrated by two elements in this game.

1) I just finished the Dam battle and after killing a whole bunch of guys i got THREE lousy guns. I could see the bad guys were mostly all equiped with decent guns during the battle, but after the battle was over there were only three crappy guns to be looted. What happend to all the guns that were in use during the battle?

2) Ammo shortages. Why isn't ammo available in the store. The bad guys drop very little after the battles and you can't buy any decent ammo in the store. All that's typically available is 9mm, .45, 12 Gauge, and .38 and .30-06. I can barely keep my guys armed with decent guns because they can't find any ammo for the better ones.

I've taken the Railroad Station, Cross Roads, Safari, Dam, and North Border...but I can't buy decent ammo :(
SeanD

RE: Am I doing something wrong?

Post by SeanD »

What difficulty are you playing on and have you applied the latest patch?
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
chromdome35

Post by chromdome35 »

Novice difficulty

Version 1.07
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Please download and install the 1.08 update just for good measure. Get it here.

You really shouldn't have that hard of a time getting ammo and weapons. Novice is balanced so that it's not as much of a pain to get good working hardware so I'm surprised by this. It may not be a bad idea to give the two major mods a try (Fine Tuned and Reinforce). They add tons of weapons and increase the frequency of some weapons as well I believe. Overall they bring (as the name implies) a finely tuned gameplay experience which you may find more enjoyable.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Foraven

Post by Foraven »

ORIGINAL: SeanD

Please download and install the 1.08 update just for good measure. Get it here.

You really shouldn't have that hard of a time getting ammo and weapons. Novice is balanced so that it's not as much of a pain to get good working hardware so I'm surprised by this. It may not be a bad idea to give the two major mods a try (Fine Tuned and Reinforce). They add tons of weapons and increase the frequency of some weapons as well I believe. Overall they bring (as the name implies) a finely tuned gameplay experience which you may find more enjoyable.

Well, Fine Tuned is the only active mod right now, Reinforce hasn't updated her mod since i started mine. Either of our mod has changed the frequency of items appearing in the shop, but my mod also altered what the AI is using. Early enemies aren't as well equipped as the stock game, and the later ones have more variety of equpment. I also altered enemies stats, they are not as godlike as in stock...

Return to “Tech Support”