WOW This is Totally Differant !!!!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chesmart

WOW This is Totally Differant !!!!

Post by chesmart »

Who said that the game is just an expansion ? The game has been totally changed it is now very scary 3 hours and i have not yet finished 50% of turn 1.
aztez

RE: WOW This is Totally Differant !!!!

Post by aztez »

[:D] ..my thoughts exactly. This seems like more than "expansion". Well, the game has been expanded for sure.

Just ran the scenario 2 turn vs Japanese AI. The AI sank 5 BB plus BC Repulse. Also it seemed aggressive for sure.

My take on few areas:

* The interface is similar allthough it has much more options now with naval repairs, diffrent movement order etc etc.
* China is a "mess" for the allied side. That will take time to get familiar.
* Icons are diffrent on the screen.
* India has garrison requirements and partisans are on the game.
* Off the map areas are added and will bring diffrent options to the table.
* The map is so diffrent than in Witp. (scale etc, etc) Thus bringin way more options regarding offensives.
* Atolls are represented much better now.

The list could continue... this definately feels more than just an expansion. All these things are positive observations.

This time around I might just need to play few smaller scenarios first to get the feel of this product. Amphibitous operations seem way diffrent too.

Oh, well might also read manual once it arrives [:D]

If Dave (erstad) is reading than take your time with the 1st turn in our 2nd round PBEM. It will take quite a lot planning to be allies this time around too.

I must say that the game looks great. Too bad that I'am too tired after the work to digest all these changes! [:D]

Good job with this "expansion"!
chesmart

Post by chesmart »

And who said that the ship damage system does not work ? I lost 4 bbs 1 cl 4 dds in PH plus got POW and Repulse in the dockyard for the next 2 years. I am amazed by the improvements !
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

Really impressed. Have started playing GC and it's a good scenario to learn with I'm finding. I particularly like the new "Strategic Move" option for troops if there's a Railway they can use. I'm moving reinforcements towards Townsville and they don't take half as long as they did in the original game. Well done Matrix and everyone. Looks like this is going to be a really good one [&o]
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”