Korea in Modern War 2 Question

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Warhorse

RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question

Post by Warhorse »

Never hurts to make sure, no??!! Even the Luxembourg platoon is in there, pretty sure I got everyone, and authentic formations also!

A summary of nations covered:

UN Forces:
South Africa-Air units only(No. 2 "Cheetah" Squadron)
France- French Battalion, also Frigate La Grandiere
Belgium-Corps Volontaires Corea (Belgium Battalion, with Luxembourg platoon)
ANZAC-Royal Australian Regiment, Royal New Zealand Artillery
U.S.A.-All Corps involved in the Eight Army, including colored units, as well as special task forces, and of course all Marine formations.
UK-All brigades and formations involved.
Greece-Greek (Hellenic) Expeditionary Force.
Colombia-Batallon Colombia
Canada-All regiments and units involved.
ROK-All Corps and units involved, appropriately assigned to correct US formations according to dates served. Includes KATCOMS and KATUSA, as well as   KMC formations.

Thailand-units of the 21st Infantry Regiment, Royal Thai Army. As well as five frigates.
Turkey-Turkish Brigade (actually rotating units of 4 brigades).
Ethiopia-Kagnew (Conquerers) battalion.
Philippines-PEFTOK, 5 battalion conmbat teams, rotated throughout the conflict.
Netherlands-NDUN, or Nederlands Detachment Verenigde Naties, Netherlands Battalion, also naval units.

All UN forces appropriately assigned to proper US or UK forces as historical, as well as available as an individual unit.

Communist Forces:
North Korea-All known KPA units involved
Communist China-All known CCF units involved.
Soviet Union-Although officially having denied direct involvement, this is untrue, included are air units, as well as Air defense formations.

I've strived to be as thorough as I could be with this project, I hope it is received well!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

Wow, looking good.

You are already working on vol II?

This must mean Modern Wars:Vol I is very close to release, and you guys are just doing finishing touches.

This is great.[:D]

Keep up the good work.[&o]

1 Question, any thought or consideration for a Civil War/Napoleonic Wars Game using the JTCS engine?The Battleground Series is good, but it lacks the versatility of the JTCS engine.(Just the fact you guys are making Modern Wars of Different conflicts beyond WW2 shows its versatility).
Plus, I would like a Civil War/ Napoleonic Wargame that has full editors(Even HPS lacks a full map editor).I imagine you would make the game think the infantry Companies/Brigades as tanks, and then use the armor facing effects to simulate facing.I think this can be done, and would send all other Napoleonic/Civil War wargames a run for their money.Imagine covering all the civil war Battles in one title.[8D][&o]
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

Mike,

i´m looking forward too to your excellent Mod! The first version was already very good, i do not know why only a few people shows interest?

Maybe i will have the same "problem" with my Cold War Europe Version.

Stefan
I create and revise: OoB´s, ToE´s, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (forever CWE!) Working on OoB´s for the new CSCW and scenario playtesting for the Beta Brigade.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Hello stefan!!

Thank you very much! I think the problem is that most folks like to play scenario's already made, I know myself am not a scenario maker very well, although I try! I'm very excited to see your mod, I'm still tinkering with the West German add-on you did, mostly updating the graphics, added a few vehicles they used early on. You do very nice work, it will be great!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

Mike, thank you too!
I think the problem is that most folks like to play scenario's already made, I know myself am not a scenario maker very well, although I try!
I agree with you complete and it is hard for me too to create balanced scenarios. I have not a hand for them and i do not like to create maps. Yeah, so i try it again and again ...

Stefan
I create and revise: OoB´s, ToE´s, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (forever CWE!) Working on OoB´s for the new CSCW and scenario playtesting for the Beta Brigade.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”