Manual - Land Team

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pad152

Manual - Land Team

Post by pad152 »

Manual - Land Team

page 201 Indo-China Japanese Militia

Japanese receive Vietnamese/Vichy French Forces Militia, French Vietnamese Ok but, Vichy French fighting for Japan, huh? I think I missed that one in the history books!
Andy Mac

RE: Manual - Land Team

Post by Andy Mac »

Call them what you will the Japanese get up to 4 Divs of weak militia troops using French Equipment [:D][:D][:D][:D]
Chad Harrison

Post by Chad Harrison »

ORIGINAL: pad152

I think I missed that one in the history books!

While Andy's answer covers it from a game point of view, crazy things could/did occur between France/Vichy France and the Allies after their surrender to Germany. Case in point, the British Navy destroying/attacking the French fleet at Mers-el-Kebir after their surrender to Germany.

And you know how the French are [:D]
pad152

Post by pad152 »

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison

ORIGINAL: pad152

I think I missed that one in the history books!

While Andy's answer covers it from a game point of view, crazy things could/did occur between France/Vichy France and the Allies after their surrender to Germany. Case in point, the British Navy destroying/attacking the French fleet at Mers-el-Kebir after their surrender to Germany.

And you know how the French are [:D]

The Vietnamese were trained and equipped by the French but, that's not quite the same thing as claiming that Vichy French fought for Japan, that's a bit of a stretch of history, no matter how much they liked the British. [:D]
Barb

Post by Barb »

Dont know if anyone reported this minor slip: Page 197: Each Attack Odds level will reduce the Fortification Level by 1 if all attacking units are using Shock Attack or Bombardment Attack (i.e. 4 to 1 odds would reduce the Fortification Level by 4).

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”