Hotfix now available.

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
Andrew Loveridge

Hotfix now available.

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

We now have a hotfix patch available to address some of the early issues with WW2:ToW.
This is a beta patch that should address these issues;

Corrected possible CTD in PBEM games
Reduced commander's experiences gain rate
Reduced AI air audacity
Increased losses in air strike (land units)
Decreased losses in air strike (air units)
Reduced GPU usage

It is available in the Members Club, please go to the Matrix Games Members Club here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/community/login.asp

If you haven't already created a login for the Members Club and registered your copy of WW2: Time of Wrath, you will need to do so.
LarryP

RE: Hotfix now available.

Post by LarryP »

I suppose we have to register the game before the patch shows up? Problem is the free upgrade serial number won't work. I'm using the same number from RtV which unlocked the install of ToW. It says invalid serial number.

EDIT: Someone must have read this post as soon as I sent it. Now it works. Thanks!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Give it another try now please, Larry.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Give it another try now please, Larry.

You're fast!
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I would also like to add, that the hotfix should have no impact of the saved games, which means you can continue them.
lomyrin

Post by lomyrin »

I just installed the hotfix update but now when I select a saved game and click ok the game exits and I cannot access it.

Then I tried to load the autosave game and that did work ok.

Went back to the original saved ames but that just exited the game.

A new save from the successfully loaded autosave game works ok.
Bleck

Post by Bleck »

please attach compressed save game (the one that doesn't work)
Wastelands Interactive member (Programmer)
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

I just tried using my WW2:rtv serial, to register TOW, and was also told invalid...will try again.
(didn't realise you had to put the dashes in between the numbers)
-working now. Thanks

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Reduced AI air audacity
Reduced GPU usage

Commanders Exp gain is too fast ? from what I seen, I thought it was wasn't working right and was too slow ?
lomyrin

Post by lomyrin »

ORIGINAL: Bleck

please attach compressed save game (the one that doesn't work)

How do I send it and to what address ?
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

Reduced AI air audacity
Reduced GPU usage

Commanders Exp gain is too fast ? from what I seen, I thought it was wasn't working right and was too slow ?

What is considered slow or fast? I'm into turn 33 of Barbarossa as Russians. I have one commander in HQs w/ 7 skill-19 experience, one w/ 3 skill and 17 experience, and one w/ 3 skill and 14 experience.

I'm not sure what the baseline is for experience.

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

What is considered slow or fast? I'm into turn 33 of Barbarossa as Russians.

Not to hijack the thread, but would you consider posting some screenshots so we can see how the German AI is doing?

oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Ok..where do you want me to post?
Duplicty

Post by Duplicty »

Seems my SN: also is not working with this patch
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

ORIGINAL: oldspec4 I'm into turn 33 of Barbarossa as Russians. I have one commander in HQs w/ 7 skill-19 experience, one w/ 3 skill and 17 experience, and one w/ 3 skill and 14 experience.

Solid evidence that it was (is still?) too fast.
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

ORIGINAL: Anraz
ORIGINAL: oldspec4 I'm into turn 33 of Barbarossa as Russians. I have one commander in HQs w/ 7 skill-19 experience, one w/ 3 skill and 17 experience, and one w/ 3 skill and 14 experience.

Yep, these numbers were prior to applying the hotfix...
Attachments
commanders.jpg
commanders.jpg (199.16 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Duplicty
Seems my SN: also is not working with this patch

E-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your serial number and tell me what source this SN is from please.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

well if that is fast, then I think it needs to be explained what the speed should be, and what the goals of the gains are ?

I think a leader who leads the spearhead on the attack though Poland, Yugo, Holland, Belgum and France, should maybe gain more then 2 points ? (he did the loop around)

to be honest, if that is gaining exp too fast, why bother to put it in the game in the first place ? that is only chrome for the sake of saying it is there and doable, when it is not and doesn't do anything if you do gain it

don't get me wrong, I like the game system and I am enjoying the game

but overall, that sounds like a fix, to say something was fixed, that didn't really work to begin with, so the fix doesn't do anything the player will notice
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

well if that is fast, then I think it needs to be explained what the speed should be, and what the goals of the gains are ?

I think a leader who leads the spearhead on the attack though Poland, Yugo, Holland, Belgum and France, should maybe gain more then 2 points ? (he did the loop around)

to be honest, if that is gaining exp too fast, why bother to put it in the game in the first place ? that is only chrome for the sake of saying it is there and doable, when it is not and doesn't do anything if you do gain it

don't get me wrong, I like the game system and I am enjoying the game

but overall, that sounds like a fix, to say something was fixed, that didn't really work to begin with, so the fix doesn't do anything the player will notice

I will first say I haven't noticed too fast XP accrual. Now the examples given of I think 17 14 and 14 exp is alot, and WAY more than I am seeing, I have a commander that through Poland, The Low Countries and France has 6, most have 0-3 xp. This seems right.

But HS what are you saying isn't working, the accrual system for XP or XP in general? XP seems to be working for me, take a pair of 5 skill leaders one with XP and the other without and you will see a difference in combat strength if they are both assigned to identical units.

Anraz

Post by Anraz »

why bother to put it in the game in the first place

It was no bother at all, the fix was aimed at PBME game, this one connected with commanders is only a side tweak. There are two separate parameters that control experience gain (in conts.csv): "Leader chance to get 1 exp point when defending" and "When attacking" and it cause that while playing as German you only have a few points after conquering half of Europe and teen point after 30 turns while defending as Soviet Union. The chance attributed to defense was too high.

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”