IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Erik Rutins

IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

Please forget everything I said before about Admiral's Edition pricing. No, seriously.

We had a long internal discussion after the initial wave of customer feedback. We appreciate our customers and strive to make you all happy. When we realized our original pricing plans were not actually achieving that goal, we decided to revisit the plans we had made to see what we could do. A primary concern that was expressed was that we should make Admiral's Edition more easily available to customers who have not played War in the Pacific and to put aside our concerns that without previous experience in WITP, Admiral's Edition might be too much to jump into.

For us, another serious concern was that if Admiral's Edition were to be made stand-alone, its price would have to be much higher. We decided to see what we could do to lower that stand alone price point while still giving existing WITP owners a discount for the same price point we had originally decided on.

The net result is the following, which we hope will be well received by both existing WITP owners and prospective customers who don't have WITP but are interested in owning the Admiral's Edition.

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition will now be a stand-alone release. It will NOT require War in the Pacific to install or to play. We still recommend that customers interested in Admiral's Edition give WITP a try first. The larger map scale, fewer units and larger number of shorter or smaller scenarios we feel are ideal to mastering the system before you proceed to Admiral's Edition. But if you want to jump right on in to AE, we won't stop you. Go right ahead. [8D]

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition will have a stand-alone price of $79.99 Download / $89.99 Physical.

Starting with the Admiral's Edition release, we will be running a 90 Day "Victory at Sea" sale. This sale will reduce the price of Uncommon Valor and War Plan Orange by $10 and War in the Pacific will be reduced by $20. It will run for three months after the Admiral's Edition release. The goal of this sale is to make these other games in the WITP "series" less expensive for those who might want to test the waters with WITP or complete their collection.

Also, for three months starting with the Admiral's Edition release, we will be offering a discount to existing owners of War in the Pacific. This discount will allow you to purchase the Admiral's Edition for $20 less than its normal stand-alone price. That means that it will be $59.99 Download / $69.99 Physical for WITP owners for three months after the Admiral's Edition release. This is the same price point we discussed earlier. We strongly encourage ALL WITP owners to upgrade during this three month period, after which Admiral's Edition will only be available at the stand-alone price of $79.99 Download / $89.99 Physical.

Thanks again for your support and feedback. War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is currently on schedule for a release before the end of July. I expect to be able to announce the actual release date in the next couple of days.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Chad Harrison

RE: IMPORTANT: New Admiral's Edition Pricing

Post by Chad Harrison »

Thanks Eric. I was okay with the original plan, but this should make a lot of newcomers happy.

Once again proving what a great team Matrix is.

Kudos once again to Henderson for reaching the finish line!

Chad
Moose

Post by Moose »

The only problem I have with this plan is that it tempts me to buy War Plan Orange along with AE and I dont have an abundance of cash right now.
AttuWatcher

Post by AttuWatcher »

Wow, even with AE standalone; $20 off WITP + S20 off AE (for owning WITP) is a great deal. As a new player I will be getting both!

And allowing new players to jump into AE is an awesome move that I think will ensure no first time buyer has any lingering reasons to hold them back from owning a WITP series product.

Thanks Erik!
scout1

Post by scout1 »

Eric,

Smart move for new comers ... And for us old farts ....

A grand game that has by FAR surpassed any $ /hr spent on a game that I have EVER tried ....

Worth EVERY penny .....
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

Sweet getting closer!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Bladesss

Post by Bladesss »

When i order from Gamers Gate or Amazon automated systems. How do they know which price to charge? Or do they carry it a two products?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Bladess,

War in the Pacific and War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition are only available here at Matrix Games, not at Gamer's Gate or Amazon. The Victory at Sea Sale, discounts and special offers only apply to our own online store.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Montbrun

Post by Montbrun »

Is there still an option for Download + Physical?
WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE Research Team
WitE2.0 Alpha/Beta Tester
WitE2.0 Research Team
WitW Alpha/Beta Tester
WitW Research Team
Piercing Fortress Europa Research Team
Desert War 1940-1942 Alpha/Beta Tester
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, there will be a Download + Physical option, at the same price as the Physical only option.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
jjax

Post by jjax »

Very fair if I do say so myself. 20 dollars off the price of AE for witp owners make the game a certain buy for me!
--JJAX

stuman

Post by stuman »

Well I am impressed. More companies should try as hard as you do to take care of cunstomers. Thx guys !
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

championzhao

Post by championzhao »

[X(][X(]
The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums.

steveoccc

Post by steveoccc »

Excellent compromise. Now if only we could get you guys to run for House or Senate...[:D]
LST Express

Post by LST Express »

Not made of money but never cared about the price. I've played WITP for about 4 years and with AE coming out, there is no end in site. Great bang for the buck imo, I wish every company supported their products like you guys do.
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: steveoccc

Excellent compromise. Now if only we could get you guys to run for House or Senate...[:D]

Hear , hear !
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Thank you very much. This answers my only small gripe. [:)]
jrcar

Post by jrcar »

Erik great decisions all around.

Cheers

Rob