Protectorate

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Viking67

Protectorate

Post by Viking67 »

How does one form a Protectorate?

I have had minor countrys favor my country 100%, the pie chart is 100% my color. Another major country somehow forms a Protectorate with the minor country, with 100% favoring my country. How???
Killer B
Gil R.

RE: Protectorate

Post by Gil R. »

(Moving thread from original COG forum to COG:EE forum.)
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Even if you're at 100% attitude with a minor power, there are criteria that can prevent minor powers from requesting you as their protector.  For instance, say Prussia and France are allied and Saxony has 100% attitude toward France.  If Prussia attacks Saxony, Saxony will not request France as a protector because France is allied to Prussia and therefore cannot go to war with Prussia.  Later in the game, in particular, minor powers will become even less likely to offer themselves spontaneously to nations that are gobbling up the map.  In short, attitude is just a guideline for which way a minor power will go diplomatically.  It is only one criteria among many.
Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z »

Right; Attitude is a kind of ceteris paribus rule--so long as there are no obstacles, Attitude indicates the way the country will tend to be swayed. But of course there are all kinds of potential obstacles.
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

I do like the fact that this is not predictable. It would be dreadful if we could predict the effects of all of our moves and calculate every reaction like it was some kind of chess game.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
Mus

Post by Mus »

ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

I do like the fact that this is not predictable. It would be dreadful if we could predict the effects of all of our moves and calculate every reaction like it was some kind of chess game.

They are fairly predictable though. If you know what conditions need to be met and avoided to get a protectorate request you can work to make things click fairly well.

Sometimes you can have things all set up on your end and just hope another player unknowingly pushes them the rest of the way.

[;)]
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

Agree 100%. This is exactly what makes this a truly awesome game. It is fairly easy to get the mechanics, but mastering the ecology is not only difficult, but indeed, never a complete possibility to do with total gaurantee.
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”