Advanced, Advanced Economy Guide

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

morganbj

Advanced, Advanced Economy Guide

Post by morganbj »

Well here it is. I've been promising this for weeks. I'm finally sick of looking at it. So, you guys can proof read it for me.

This document has all the forumulas that the advanced economy uses to produce stuff.

I originally had each resource on a separate set of pages, but once I was done, I found that I had said the same things over and over again. So, I squeezed out all the extra material and consolidated everything into as few pages as I could, without making it unreadable.

Expect to find mistakes. I have gone over it many times, but with the deletion of 20 pages or so with all the cutting and pasting of material, I'm sure I did something stupid. I also may have mistranslated an Excel formula when I converted it to the form you see it in the document. Let me know if something doesn't look right and I'll fix it.

This is a zip document, so rename it before you try to open it.

It is also split into two parts. It is too large to post here as a single file.

I do have a HUGE set of spreadsheets that used for all the calculations. If anybody REALLY has to have it, I'll send it to you. PM me.

Again, I did this on my own time (a lot of it) and out of a sense of love for the economy. I've always thought it to be the most fascinating part of the Games (COG and EE).

Enjoy.
Attachments
AdvancedA..icGuide.txt
(474.07 KiB) Downloaded 1623 times
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
morganbj

RE: Advanced, Advanced Economy Guide

Post by morganbj »

And here is part 2.

It is also a zip file.
Attachments
TextileConversion.txt
(301.67 KiB) Downloaded 684 times
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
Harvey Birdman

Post by Harvey Birdman »

Population and food are underated in this game.

If it weren't for horse production, I'd let them eat cake... ...and luxuries and spice.[:D]
Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thank you for all the work on this.  It's amazing.
ithuriel2

Post by ithuriel2 »

Thanks. Great work.
Louis

"One might as well try to charge through a wall."
- Napoleon, on St Helena, regarding the British Infantry
and2

Post by and2 »

Thanks BJmorgan, this was just what I was hoping for! fantastic work you did there!

Now if there was a way to see decimals in the province development screen lol :)
Spanish Player in "1792 no frills"
French Player in "Westphalian Discord"
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

This is a zip document, so rename it before you try to open it.

Sorry to be a dolt, but rename to what? I either get an unreadable txt file or, if I change the extension to zip, a zip file that doesn't work. Help? Thanks.
Harvey Birdman

Post by Harvey Birdman »

I click open instead of save. Then I get a popup window with the pdf file showing. I open it by doublicking. Once it's open I save it to desktop. Hint don't have any open pdf's or doubleclicking won't open it.

I couldn't get his rename method to work either.
Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

That works. Thanks.

1. Click on the link.
2. Right-click on the document and select Open.
3. Select Open again.
4. Copy the pdf.
Harvey Birdman

Post by Harvey Birdman »

Bumping up this thread, because it should be stickied.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

A fine point. At least until the next patch, which presumably would include it.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
GrouchyXe

Post by GrouchyXe »

Sorry to be a pain but I cannot open the file and I dont understand how I can download it and open it.

Help
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Well, I left click on the link, then right click on the name of the file.  I make sure it's going to save as "XXXXXXXXX.zip" and then push the save button.  If you accidently save it as a txt file. just rename t it to zip and it should work fine.

bush

Post by bush »

I still can't get this to download. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
adamc6

Post by adamc6 »

bush:  click on the link, then right click and a pop up window with the .txt file name will appear.  right click on that, and when the box pops up to save it, rename it Guide.zip  and the 2nd one guide2.zip 

inside the zip file you'll find a PDF. 

Hope that helps.

If hindsight is 20/20, what is foresight?
Nesr5

Post by Nesr5 »

I see from the first file that there should be an earlier economy guide (advanced; as opposed to advanced, advanced). Where is it located?

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”