3.10 Feature: H3RE Available to public

Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare is the result of decades of development and fan support, resulting in the most comprehensive, realistic, and accurate simulation of modern combined air and naval operations available to the gaming public. New features include, multiplayer support, third party databases, scenario editors, and OVER 300 pre-built scenarios!

Moderator: Harpoon 3

rsharp@advancedgamin

3.10 Feature: H3RE Available to public

Post by rsharp@advancedgamin »

Not really a feature but announced here for convenience sake.

The Harpoon 3 Remier Editor is now publicly available. The editor is not backwards compatible for versions previous to 3.10.

http://computerharpoon.com/public/H3RE_ ... 090717.zip

-edit to link the new build.
Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon
hermanhum

some questions about Beta 3.10

Post by hermanhum »

I get the following message. I use Microsoft Access 2000. Is there any way to get a version that works for older Access users?

Is there a feature or something in Access 2007(?) that simply is not available in previous versions of Access thereby necessitating the use of 2007?

Attachments
1.gif
1.gif (10.15 KiB) Viewed 241 times
mikmykWS

RE: some questions about Beta 3.10

Post by mikmykWS »

Works fine here.

Herman IIRC I think I saw some good deals on the suite last week in best buy. Now might be the time to invest in something other than somebody else's time.

Tnx!

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
TMC

Post by TMC »

I am trying to import a database into the editor and I am getting a 'Compile Error' for ReadDamageModelDefaults in Visual Basic. Is there something that needs to be set up to import?
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

You might try opening that database with the In-Game Editor, first.  Then, select the Save Annexes command under the Edit menu.  This will save the annexes in 3.10 format.  After that, you might try to import again.
TMC

Post by TMC »

I tried to save annexes with the In-editor and I am still getting the same comple error.
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

Is this problem only with a particular database? 

Does it happen with other databases like ANWDB, ODb, PlayersDB, etc, too?
TMC

Post by TMC »

Same error with all databases. (HUD3, ANW, ODB, PDB).
rsharp@advancedgamin

I put the wrong version of the RE up and it has a compile error. It's a bug. I'll put the fixed version up shortly after I fix some network issues.

The H3RE currently uses the MS Access 2003 format. I believe you can download a run-time (free) version but I'm not sure what limitations exist. Another option would be to have someone with MS Access 2003 'downgrade' it for you but then that makes the whole editing process messy. I don't intend to support more than one version of the RE at a time.

Thanks,
Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

ORIGINAL: TMC

Same error with all databases. (HUD3, ANW, ODB, PDB).
I'm using RunTime 2003 for Access. I got a similar error when trying to import. I don't know if it is the same as the one you encountered, but I suspect that it is because it occurred during importation.

If you are impatient and cannot wait for the corrected release of the H3RE, you can try my work-around. The Batch Import for the complete database does not work. However, you can import each of the 17 annexes individually and it works that way (at least for me).
rsharp@advancedgamin

The fixed RE is up. Same link.
Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon
iriyak

Post by iriyak »

Hi Russel,
ORIGINAL: rsharp@advancedgamin

The fixed RE is up. Same link.

Here's my testing results formatted in MS Excel.

ANW & ODB seem OK. HUD3 didn't complete. PDb didn't complete, either.

Hope it helps. [:)]

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

ORIGINAL: iriyak

PDb didn't complete, either.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by, "Didn't complete"?

Were you unable to import all the different *.DAT files?
How many were you able to import before it crashed?

Did you open the PlayersDB with the Game Editor and save the Annexes first under the Edit command so that they would be in 3.10 format before you tried to import into the ReimerEditor?

I managed to import the PlayersDB properly with RunTime 2003.
iriyak

Post by iriyak »

Hi Herman,
ORIGINAL: hermanhum
ORIGINAL: iriyak

PDb didn't complete, either.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by, "Didn't complete"?

Were you unable to import all the different *.DAT files?
How many were you able to import before it crashed?

Did you open the PlayersDB with the Game Editor and save the Annexes first under the Edit command so that they would be in 3.10 format before you tried to import into the ReimerEditor?

I managed to import the PlayersDB properly with RunTime 2003.

"Didn't complete" means the instruction step no.6 of test object no.5 attached in Excel book didn't complete.

My test instruction doesn't seem to take care of the format backward compatibility you mentioned, so I want to update the instruction and give it another try.

Thank you for your comment way forward.

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

Okay, got your DL and saw the error report. You received this message when you tried to import the PlayersDB. This definitely means that you failed to use the Game Editor.exe to open and then re-save the annexes before you tried to import with the Reimer Editor.

I cannot explain the rest of your error messages, but this is one I also received when I tried to import the PlayersDB without first saving the annexes with the Game Editor.

Attachments
1.gif
1.gif (9.29 KiB) Viewed 243 times
iriyak

Post by iriyak »

Hi Herman,
ORIGINAL: hermanhum

Okay, got your DL and saw the error report. You received this message when you tried to import the PlayersDB. This definitely means that you failed to use the Game Editor.exe to open and then re-save the annexes before you tried to import with the Reimer Editor.

I cannot explain the rest of your error messages, but this is one I also received when I tried to import the PlayersDB without first saving the annexes with the Game Editor.

Thank you for your help me to clarify what happened to me in importing PDb. OK, will try accordingly.

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya
TMC

Post by TMC »

Ok, import works but export is giving me a 'Comple error' refering to WriteDamageModel. I also tested the HCF import and export. The export worked without errors; however, the importing of the same file gives a Run-time error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 8. Debug takes me to CurrentDb.Execute "qImport_DupePropulsionFind".
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

I concur. I didn't want to say anything in case it was because I was running RunTime 2003, but I am having the same problems with the Batch Export command for the entire database.

I am able to export one DAT table / annex at a time (with the exception of the Warhead table, which results in a crash).

[Edit] Add image

Attachments
1.gif
1.gif (7.93 KiB) Viewed 243 times

Return to “Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare”