New Beginnings Game

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

george1972

RE: New Beginnings Game

Post by george1972 »

It's time Vic made a flash-version of the game you can play in your browser [8D]
seille

Post by seille »

So is this game over now ? No turn since 3 days, no communication.
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

I am back now, but the zero communication looks bad.
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

yea dont let this game end i was watching mofos!
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
seille

Post by seille »

@Archduke
Yes, you missed some discussion about how to continue this game.
I was not willing to wait all the weeks to continue and left the game after we didn´t find any good compromise.
The original solution that i play for you and George while on vacation was not longer acceptable for everybody
even it was the plan from the start to let the allies play.

I have no idea if Russ found a player who will continue for me, i asked Appren who was intrested initially,
but he is not available.

Actual status i can´t tell you.
george1972

Post by george1972 »

Well, I'm leaving on holiday tomorrow for two weeks, so I guess the "pause" will continue a bit longer. I'm still for continuing the game when I get back, perhaps even with all the original players.
springer

Post by springer »

I think I'm probably stating something that all the grognards here already know, but I think that starting a major multi-player scenario during the summer is always a touch and go problem.  If a group is excited enough about a game to take the plunge, patience becomes a necessity. The vast majority of people have vacations during this time, or like me, have summer obligations that pull them away for a month or more from their normal routines. 

This group of players are impressive with their turn-around time when not on vacation.  This kibbitzer suggests
that if all the players are truly enjoying the game, resuming at the beginning of September, when the holiday season comes to an end, would be a great idea.  But of course, that this is just one kibbitzer's opinion.
seille

Post by seille »

@springer
We had a internal agreement on how to handle the coming longer breaks.
The player that goes on vacation can let a friend or ally play his turns. In this case that are my allies
and i offered very early to do their turns following their guidelines and they both agreed.
Sadly when the time was come one of the enemy regimes came with "special" and new conditions for this case,
setting new rules i was not able to accept.

In Detail: I agreed to keep peace with the regimes my allies had peace before they left
I disagreed to make peace with all other regimes, too (That are MY allies who agreed to help me)
Archduke did not say "Seille pls make peace with the Sea Raiders, so they can focus at you only..."

We found no way to handle this, so i left the game.

So when you´re that interested maybe you want to takeover my part Mr. Kibitzer ?
You seem to be interested only in Russ´ Multiplayer games. Ist there a special reason ?
springer

Post by springer »

Though I enjoy many of the AARs here, it is true have particularly enjoyed the "Rise of Nations" AAR hosted by Russ. 

I like the idea that the game used the standard AT mix, but forced the players to use interesting strategies to adapt to the interesting terrain.  The turn around time was fast, which kept the action fast-paced.  The quality of play was also high. I felt the players were well-matched on the whole, though some adapted the the terrain issues faster than others. The way that the alliances crystallized was a pleasure to watch too. In my opinion, the best feature was the quality of the combat reports and on-going discussions of lessons learned. I appreciate the confidence it took to discuss the game situation while it was in process. It allowed us on-lookers to have a sense of watching the action as it unfolded.  Finally, there was a particular humor and good spirit through most of the game that just made the game fun to watch. That good humor I perceived in the comments encouraged me to occasionally comment, which I rarely do on other AARs.

The current game hasn't had the chance to develop as fully as "Rise of Nations", so I'm not sure how it would go.

Thanks for the invitation to join in.  Unfortunately, I don't think my quality of play would add any of the characteristics that made "Rise of Nations" the fine AAR that it was.
george1972

Post by george1972 »

Well I'm back, I suggest we continue the game on September 1 with the "original crew"... how about it?
tweber

Post by tweber »

I would be willing to resume if there was interest.  I would also be willing to start another.  Note that I have move to London so my gaming hours will shift a bit.
Arditi

Post by Arditi »

I'm up.[:)]
Semper Fi
www.ironlegions.weebly.com
author of: Italy At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Japan At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

I'd be interested in participating if a new one is started.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “After Action Reports”