Polotics in Flames???

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

CSSS

Polotics in Flames???

Post by CSSS »

I fondly remember playing Days of Decision I,II,III and all the amazing variables it gave to enhance WIF , in as well as being able to start WWII at a much earlier date.

My best games were against truely superior players of WIF who would inevitably be able to wear me down to utter defeat on the board game, but could not grasp/plan the political game nearly as well

due to the flow of choosen non-linear paths. At times I had them so bouncing around trying to regain the political situation, and initiative that when the war acutaully broke out they surrendered as they

has either spent all their monies on politics, or were already at a psyhical strategic dissadvantage.

The addition of DOD will be the crowning glory of the WIF saga.
MajorDude

RE: Polotics in Flames???

Post by MajorDude »

ORIGINAL: CSS

I fondly remember playing Days of Decision I,II,III and all the amazing variables it gave to enhance WIF , in as well as being able to start WWII at a much earlier date.

My best games were against truely superior players of WIF who would inevitably be able to wear me down to utter defeat on the board game, but could not grasp/plan the political game nearly as well

due to the flow of choosen non-linear paths. At times I had them so bouncing around trying to regain the political situation, and initiative that when the war acutaully broke out they surrendered as they

has either spent all their monies on politics, or were already at a psyhical strategic dissadvantage.

The addition of DOD will be the crowning glory of the WIF saga.

DOD brings a dimension to WIF that makes the game all the more interesting, fun, and strategic. Understanding how things got started in China and the importance of Spain makes those dinky early game air units look a whole lot better - lol. [:D]

Can't wait to see it come out 'shortly' after mwif. [:)]

Return to “World in Flames”