Movie DVD back ups

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Kuokkanen

Movie DVD back ups

Post by Kuokkanen »

I have lost number of games becouse data storage device failures. So at first I backed up all floppy disks onto CD-R. Bit later I backed up game CDs and DVDs as images onto external hard disk drive. I got that done few days ago.

Now it's movies turn. But wait! Nero Express 6 complains that movie discs are encrypted and therefore it can't make copies ( = images) of them! Now what? Recommendations?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Lützow

RE: Movie DVD back ups

Post by Lützow »

I encountered a similiar problem some time ago, when I copied a DVD image on harddisk. There is some free program which can read these files and mount them like a drive, but unfortunately I don't recall the name anymore. Maybe Google can help you to find it.
GREAPER

Post by GREAPER »

Two programs I highly recomend. DVD decrypter & DVD shrink. Do a search both programs can be downloaded from the same site. I have had great success using these programs with nero 8. You do not need to upgrade. Your nero 6 should work with these programs just fine. You can store on hard drive or make copy of movie disk.
jackx

Post by jackx »

Those will work, but circumventing encrpytion may technically be illegal depending on where you are... not that that should worry you much, as in a private context, nobody is going to care...
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”