M2 Effectiveness

Panther Games' Highway to the Reich revolutionizes wargaming with its pausable, continuous time game play and advanced artificial intelligence. Command like a real General, under real time pressures to achieve real objectives on a real map all within the fog of war. Issue orders to your powerful AI controlled subordinates or take total control of every unit. Fight the world's most advanced AI opponent or match wits against your friends online or over a LAN. Highway to the Reich covers all four battles from Operation Market Garden, including Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven and the 30th Corps breakout from Neerpelt.

Moderator: Arjuna

mb4329

M2 Effectiveness

Post by mb4329 »

Are the accucary and range values on the M2 and M2HB correct? I noticed that compared to other MG their values seem much weaker (in terms of effectiveness). For the illustration purposes I compared it to the M1919A4 (wanted to compare it to another tripod mounted MG)

Min Range
M2: 100
M1919A4: 10

Max Range
M2: 1000
M1919A4: 2000

Accuracy at @ 1000
M2: 10%
M1919A4: 64%

Just wondering as I figured the range would have been equal or greater and the accuracy would have also been reasonably similar.

Thanks,
Merrick
simovitch

RE: M2 Effectiveness

Post by simovitch »

If you mean the M2 60mm mortar, then it's apples and oranges. Arjuna should verify this but the FirePower routines are different for mortars and artillery so there is no direct comparison with MG FP.

good observation though.[:)]
simovitch

mb4329

Post by mb4329 »

[font=arial]Did not realize that the M2 also refered to the 60mm mortar, I should have been more clear.  In my case I was referring to the M2 .50 cal MG (in the Estabs tab it is listed under weapons -> small arms as both the M2 50 cal HMG and the M2HB HMG AFV).[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]One has to love the US militaries naming conventions... sadly the current state of affairs isn't much better.[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Thanks,[/font]
[font=arial]Merrick[/font]

Lieste

Post by Lieste »

I think you will find this is comparing the AA effectiveness of the M2 to the Apers effectiveness of the M1919A4.

The values should be close to 10m/2500m/76% for the M2, unless there are very large changes from RDOA or COTA

Return to “Highway to the Reich”