When?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

jc4751

RE: When?

Post by jc4751 »

If I had a dollar for every time a small section of code changed the usability of a program I was working on...well, I could afford this game for sure!

Glad to hear it's coming along, though.  Been a while since a good non-tactical Bulge game was released (to my knowledge) and I'm certainly looking forward to it.
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

I recall John Tiller having issues with the programming of his engineers too in the Panzer Campaigns series.

He perfected the building of bridges so well, that these engineers just wouldn't fight in combat. They just wouldn't move or commit despite being big meaty units of exceptional manpower and possessing combat engineering capabilities!

Good luck with your dilemma [:)]
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Adam,

It's a matter of priorities. If a bridge is needed to be built then it get priority. However, bridges are only needed if there is no other way of getting to an objective. If there is no need then they can be allocated to other tasks like securing a town....no problemo![:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna
Rest assured that we aim to release rock-solid software. BFTB will be worth the wait.

Go for it mate. I've been watching Band of Brothers again and only just realising (after so long) what a combat game routine must "feel" like to the silicone men on the field. A click here or there actually having repurcussions on man and mind.

To me the whole impact of the Bulge in that series comes when the 101st debark out of their trucks bewildered into that staging area of the unknown... That and Jimmy Fallon driving up with ammo but I digress [:D]

Stupid question but would firing up my HttR with the rulebook that came in the box, give me a head start in becomming acquainted with this one? I never printed out the CoTA rulebook...
JayTac

Post by JayTac »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Canuk35,

Thanks for enquiring. My answer to this question is usually the same "when it's ready - ie robust and complete". We're getting there. The Data Design Team have all but finished the scenarios. Though playtesting has highlighted some issues that we are working on. However, progress this last month has been sidetracked by a defence contract to provide a modern warfare demo. I gave the presentation today and should complete this at the end of the week. So it should be full steam ahead for BFTB from next week. My best estimate now is August...but see my usual response above. [:)]
Team have all but finished the scenarios. Though playtesting has highlighted some issues that we are working on. However, progress this last month has been sidetr

Interesting stuff, are you allowed to talk about the defence contract any? Just as far as who and what's involved? Also, does this mean that a modern combat game could possibly be coming in the future?
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

re defence contract. While we are on the ADF's simulation support panel we don't have a current contract. Most of these are classified and the usual "If I told you, I'd have to kill you!" rule applies. [:)]

re modern version. We did do a modern demo based on the COTA engine for ADF last year. It had modern Australian and a mythical "enemy" land forces, but it didn't model helicopters or modern munitions or radars/sensors etc.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Command Ops Series”