HPS site?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Brigz

HPS site?

Post by Brigz »

Anyone here been able to access the HPS website? I've tried for the last three days and I get no connection.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
E

RE: HPS site?

Post by E »

Works fine, 2 seconds ago.
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

Was okay for me, too. hpssims.com
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

Well crap! My favorites link must be corrupted. Maybe I should try and resave my Matrix link too. Maybe it's corrupted also.

I'm Dave, I'm a PC and I'm having problems.
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Dave Briggs
Who? Dave's not here.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

Drat...you got my hopes up there for a second.....HPS will never die it just may turn into another Koei type site LOL

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: madgamer

Drat...you got my hopes up there for a second.....HPS will never die it just may turn into another Koei type site LOL

Madgamer
Please share the reason for your antipathy towards HPS... Consumers (of anything) have to stick together and let each other know if there are potential problems. Or is it just a dislike of their product(s)?

Any company started by a guy who used to drink at The Tides Tavern should be a decent company. *grin*

madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

I am not a person who hates or even dislikes there games. I just think that they need to get there games into the 21st. Century. I don't care how good the GAMES are(and they do have some good playing games) they at least have to meet a minimal standard of video presentation.
There 3D is next to useless and as most folks don't use it they should just drop it and use the money/production/staff time/etc to develop a good looking 2D game. If you compare the games that both HPS and Matrix have published (not the campaign games) in there 2D versions the matrix games are much better looking. I am not considering if they play the same).
If I am going to spend hours starring at a game map on a monitor I prefer that it have a basic level of good looks. While other companies have advanced over the years they have not if we just consider the look of there games. Indeed I wish they were more pleasing to me because they do have some good strategic games.
Its just one of those personal things that are hard to describe. They seem to use the same tired formula in every game in every series for the last x number of years.

It could be me that is becoming more picky about the games I put out $50+ for.

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
E

Post by E »

I am not a person who hates or even dislikes there games. I just think that they need to get there games into the 21st. Century. I don't care how good the GAMES are(and they do have some good playing games) they at least have to meet a minimal standard of video presentation.

Madgamer

Okay. You had hopes that HPS had problems because you like better graphics in a game than they put out. You also mention there is no problem with their games. There are PLENTY of people that feel that way about games in general, so you're not even close to being alone in that regard (flash over bang). Meaning you're in the vast majority of public gaming consumers. Me, I go more for the gameplay or subject matter. Although I will readily admit that I also have a minimum level of graphics... I won't play a game it if it makes me cross-eyed.

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I understand you were joking, but don't go there. We have a good relationship with HPS, they're good people and I don't like seeing any kind of bashing of other publishers or developers. Constructive criticism is fine, wishing for their corporate demise is not.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

How good is the AI in their "Panzer Campaign" series? How good is the AI in their games in general?

Thanks.

EDIT: Which do most people think is better, their "Panzer Campaign" series or the (I think newer) "Total War in Eurpoe" series?
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: Dave Briggs
Who? Dave's not here.

Sgt. Stadanko ?

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

Sorry this thread had to suffer the seemingly obligatory negative tangent by the usual HPS critics. Just wanted to say that I indeed had several game site link corruptions which I have fixed. The HPS site is alive and well. Why my links got corrupted is beyond me.

Return to “General Discussion”