Matrix Games Announces Gary Grigsby’s War in the East!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

SeanD

Matrix Games Announces Gary Grigsby’s War in the East!

Post by SeanD »

The veteran game developers Gary Grigsby, Joel Billings and Keith Brors are working hard to bring gamers WWII on the Eastern Front.

Matrix Games and 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) are proud to announce that Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is in development.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “War in the East is still in the early stages of development but already the gameplay is proving to be fantastic. We know anticipation for this title is very high and we look forward to giving you more and more details about yet another 2by3 Games blockbuster as they become available!”

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results. As with all the award-winning titles made by the 2by3 Games team, factors such as supply, fatigue, experience, morale and the skill of your divisional, corps and army leaders all play an important part in determining the results at the front line. Gary Grigsby’s War in the East will come with a massive Eastern Front scenario as well as smaller scenarios all with different strategic and operational challenges.

Features include:
  • 10 miles per hex and Weekly turns
  • 25,760 hexes or over 2.5 million square miles of battlespace
  • Division sized maneuver units (with some brigades/regiments and Soviet Corps)
  • German Corps/Army HQs and Soviet Army/Front HQs
  • Map covers from 100 miles west of Berlin in the west to the Urals in the east, and from 150 miles north of Leningrad in the north to Baku and Sofia in the south.
  • Independent Corps/Army battalions to attach to maneuver units
  • Air units by group in their own airbase units
  • Detailed production
  • Losses in individual vehicles and squads
  • Detailed yet automatic accounting for support personnel and supplies/fuel/ammunition
  • Historical commander ratings
  • Accounts for troops/vehicles that are disrupted, disabled and fatigued
  • Accurately depicts the need for training units before entering combat
  • Detailed weather zones and ice levels
  • Full war as well as smaller scenarios
  • Intricate Fog of War rules and unit detection levels
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is scheduled to be available in 2010. Get more information from the game's official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
itsjustme

RE: Matrix Games Announces Gary Grigsby’s War in the East!

Post by itsjustme »

The God of War does indeed answer prayers.   Ready to fire up my Mark IIIs, IVs, Panthers and Tigers.

Release in less than 6 months?   I hope that's accurate.  When do we get our own forum?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Have another look in the Coming Soon forums now... [8D]

The release date is of course an estimate this far out, but we'll certainly be trying to keep to that schedule.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

How many hexes along the front line at June 1941 ?

What are the stacking limits?

Is it I-GO, U-GO or is it WEGO?

What are the victory conditions? If you hold a victory location for lots of turns does that accrue lots of points? -

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Here we go...[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

It is upon us. The Holy Grail of wargaming and the Mother of All wargames![X(]
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
dpazuk

Post by dpazuk »

OMG OMG OMG (I am hyper-ventilating now)

I am looking forward to this [:)] Godspeed gentleman!
Blah Blah Blah
Pike

Post by Pike »

Fix the graphic and don't just remake same old game please!! Get some new ideas. I got very dissappointed with your Close Combat Wacht Am Rhein. Looks like old game. Worse than the mods for the old game.
Woa that`s a BIG ship!
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

War in the East is not a remake of any older game, but a new treatment of the Russian Front.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
pad152

Post by pad152 »

Joel

How about a remake of Computer Air Combat after this one!
Pike

Post by Pike »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

War in the East is not a remake of any older game, but a new treatment of the Russian Front.
[:D] Ohoooo sure it's not 'Second front' again... same old graphics and same old ideas? Second Front was a superb game in the 1990s. Played it alot. New graphics and new ideas would enhance the game. Make squad count in men not in squads this time!

Hmmhmm

Jonas
Woa that`s a BIG ship!
Pike

Post by Pike »

ORIGINAL: Pike
ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

[:D] Ohoooo sure it's not 'Second front' again... same old graphics and same old ideas? Second Front was a superb game in the 1990s. Played it alot. New graphics and new ideas would enhance the game. Make squad count in men not in squads this time!

Hmmhmm

Jonas
Looks like I make a fool of myself... WOW what a remake. I found the screenshots!!! Now I'm drooling instead... [&o] Nice looooking game! But please make the troops be counted in men not squads!!! 10 000 men isn't 1000 squads... Use some of the WITP thingies with men, support etc.

Woa that`s a BIG ship!

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”