Minor Artwork Question

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Distiller

Minor Artwork Question

Post by Distiller »

I noticed that the locations of MG plumes in the combat animations are sometimes off, does anyone know how to change them? if you don't know what i mean, picture a P-47 shooting through the prop or a Lightning firing out of its engines.

thanx in advance.
Terminus

RE: Minor Artwork Question

Post by Terminus »

It's a well-known, if very minor, bug. Usually it requires shifting the planetops 0,76 pixels to one side or the other, so nobody has bothered with it. The planetop file is unpleasant enough as is...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Distiller

Post by Distiller »

so, the engine determines whether there's one muzzleflash or two?

if so, where's the threshold?
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

No idea. The problem is caused by the planetop not aligning properly, not the other way around.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

No idea. The problem is caused by the planetop not aligning properly, not the other way around.
Shoot, I'm still bugged by the fact that a P-39 is about twice the size of a B-17 and the best Grigsby, Wood & Co. could do for surface combat was line the girls up against one wall, the boys up against the other wall, and let 'em show their combat hardware to each other...

As far as I care with that lame-o air combat display, monkeys could fly outta their butts.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Shoot, I'm still bugged by the fact that a P-39 is about twice the size of a B-17 and the best Grigsby, Wood & Co. could do for surface combat was line the girls up against one wall, the boys up against the other wall, and let 'em show their combat hardware to each other...

As far as I care with that lame-o air combat display, monkeys could fly outta their butts.

I kind of like the flying monkey idea.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Distiller

Post by Distiller »

uh, i too ahve these animations turned off most of the time, i'm just a bit curious how single (wing flash) and multi (single flash) engined aircraft are seperated. note that i'm not talking about alignment, you may have misunderstood me. is it a slot based thing or is there some way to change them? 'cause if you want to show someone a mod and the planetops are either missing or somehow wrong, it turns them off, simple as that.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Distiller

uh, i too ahve these animations turned off most of the time, i'm just a bit curious how single (wing flash) and multi (single flash) engined aircraft are seperated. note that i'm not talking about alignment, you may have misunderstood me. is it a slot based thing or is there some way to change them? 'cause if you want to show someone a mod and the planetops are either missing or somehow wrong, it turns them off, simple as that.

It's a slot based thing. To make them line up you'd have to shift the individual tops (and alpha files) that don't line up across to a better position. In theory it's that simple. In practice if the top files don't line up exactly with the underlying layer files that you get weirdness in the combat display.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
Distiller

Post by Distiller »

that's what i was looking for. thx

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”