Quirks I've Incurred

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

gottagofish

Quirks I've Incurred

Post by gottagofish »

In my game against the AI I've had these things happen: (playing as France 1793 start)

1) captured Piedmont (no nation took up as protectorate), Devins left on map after being conquered, not able to control

2) set up Kingdom of Italy potectorate, but had to set up all of Papalcy to get Romagna, could not find it separately on Diplomacy screens and a right-click brought up nothing on the menu to allow to be set up as a protectorate.

3) Declared total war on Prussia after 1805, conquered all main provinces, but there was a portectorate I did not reach. The war was declared over and the country remained as a Prussian protectorate, but would not fight when I entered the area with a corp.

4) As with Piedmont after total war, Prussian officers left on map under no one's control.

5) After total war with Prussia ended, prisoners were not free

6) it's 1807 and I haven't seen Napoleon yet.

Sorry, my 1790's geography it a little blank. Where can I find the province names that go with the countries? Bravaria must be more than Munich since there is no Bravaria province. Same for Veneto must be more than Venice.

And can somebody fix the gray box being out of range under the developments screen?

gottagofish

RE: Quirks I've Incurred

Post by gottagofish »

I forgot to add:

7)  On the economy report, I am not getting Textiles produced by province, they're all blank, but the total does show up.

8)  I can reduce "labor" to zero allocation and still get labor produced in certain provinces.  Great for productivity!
ShaiHulud

Post by ShaiHulud »

Here's a few replies-

1. IF you make Piedmont a protectorate after you take it, the general, Devins, becomes available to you.

6. Napoleon does not show up in the 1792 scenario.

Bavaria IS more than just Munich. Check out the provinces just north of Luxembourg....

Veneto- check the coastal province just SE of Venice, also, Corfu
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

1. That's by design. You can get him if you make it a protectorate, and he'll be available later if you lose Piedmont. I considered making generals like this invisible while they couldn't be used, but thought people might be confused by that.

2. I'm not sure that Romagna is a separate country. Some provinces don't have their own particular countries.

3. I think we fixed a bug like this in the upcoming patch.

4. By design -- I believe it's possible (by insurrection) for Prussia to return to the game even after a total war wipe-out. We have considered code to remove all traces of a nation defeated by total war, as this might be less confusing, and the chances of a nation returning by insurrection is, indeed, fairly small.

5. Prisoners aren't freed after total war, by design. There was another discussion of POWs and total war in another thread: the upshot, since the attrition rates for POWs during the Peninsular Campaign was so ghastly high historically, we decided to model this simply by making POWs permanent losses. Since some people have complained about this, I'm considering instead just applying something like a 70% attrition loss to POWs for total war, but then returning them when the war is resolved.

6. If you play an early campaign for longer than the default amount of time, Napoleon does not, in fact, appear. The commander files are designed to work only through the default duration of the scenarios. Some people have modded versions of the '92 campaign with all the generals, and we've considered releasing a 1792 Grand Campaign as well. I worry a bit about commander-inflation for doing this in general: commanders are quite effective at rallying units in detailed battle, and having too many commanders in a game demonstrably imbalances detailed combat. I think it would be OK to do it for a handful of famous commanders, however.

7. Textiles aren't directly produced by any province; they are, rather, converted from wool/cotton, which is why provincial production for these is zero. (I know it's confusing... wouldn't do it this way if we were going to do it again.)

8. Yes, there are bonuses to labor production that are applied after this multiplier. By design.

gottagofish

Post by gottagofish »

Thanks for the insites.

I would like to see the expanded Grand Campaign scenario you describe.  Until then, I'll try sticking to the core scenarios.

For the wish list, you may want to look at how to set up the Regional Bonus Provinces for a province that is part of a multi-provinced country.  It seems to me the only option you have is to set up the whole country as part of the Protectorate.

On the total war POWs, the flag remains on the screen.  If there is no way to get them back, you may want to remove them from being displayed.

Keep up the good work!
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Wish List ideas don't count as Wish List ideas unless added to the Wish List thread!

Thanks for the suggestions, though.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

Return to “Tech Support”