TOAW Wiki

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Veer

TOAW Wiki

Post by Veer »

Numerous games have wiki sites which sort of act as in informal manual and resource guide.
For example see the HOI2 wiki: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Considering how much discussion there is on TOAW, wouldn't a TOAW Wiki be a good idea? Certainly there are a fair number of folks who know a lot about the combat mechanics and other things of TOAW and don't lack the inclination to write.

Or maybe there is one, and i'm simply not looking in the right place?
In time of war the first casualty is truth. - Boake Carter
damezzi

RE: TOAW Wiki

Post by damezzi »

It's a great idea. It could converge all information about Toaw.
But there must be enough interest from people on this forum, since it must be fruit of collective effort.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It looks like somebody has already started a Wiki entry for TOAW:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Operational_Art_of_War

There's even an entry for Matrix Games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_Games

Just thought you'd like to know.
How much does one of those female sex robots cost? I'm asking for a friend.
Veer

Post by Veer »

That's a entry in Wikipedia, I was talking about a wiki for TOAW (think a specialty TOAW encyclopedia).
In time of war the first casualty is truth. - Boake Carter
L`zard

Post by L`zard »

Veer..

Of course a Toaw-wiki would be a good idea!

Only problem I forsee is that until the full 3.4 patch drops, any info in one would be subject to immediate revisal.

The lack of a comprehensive 'manual' is one of the greatest drawbacks presently, in my view...

Starting one with a short-cut to the 'wishlist' could be useful, eh?
"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

damezzi

Post by damezzi »

L'zard, I don't know if it would grow so fast. One could begin by elaborating a list of scenarios with links, list of mods, articles to help new players getting into the game, patches history, difference between the various versions and so on. Anything people here would be willing to contribute.

As I understand, Wiki can be edited easily by users, so that people on this forum could keep it up to date and until it begins to grow, the next patch would be out already... well... I think.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”