O.T. Baseball cards

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

madgamer2

O.T. Baseball cards

Post by madgamer2 »

Way back in the early 80's I was in a play and as a gag gift I got a bunch of baseball player cards. I know nothing about baseball at all. Someone who knows might give me some hints about how to deal with them
1. Are they worth money?
2. Is there anyplace on the net I can check to see.
3.If no local dealers is eBay the best outlet?
4. I could send a list if someone can help me but I don't want to just foist myself on someone by listing the names without someone asking to help. Can PM me if willing to take a look at the list which is not long.

Thanks
Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
Gil R.

RE: O.T. Baseball cards

Post by Gil R. »

I was into the hobby back in the late 80's, so I know a thing or two. The main price guides were Beckett's and Sports Collectors Digest, both of which don't seem to be free on the web. These might be for sale at a hobby store in your area, though depending on what the cards are the magazine/guide might cost more than the cards.

Checking eBay would be tough without knowing what brand they are. If early 80's the odds are very high they're from the Topps company.

There's always the chance that you have one of the more valuable cards from the year you have. I've lost track of the hobby but do know that their values have come down since the hobby's boom. However, collectibles gain in value during inflationary periods, and since it looks highly likely that the U.S. will experience inflation within the next 2-3 years you might want to wait a bit longer before selling them. Wouldn't hurt to know what you've got, though. Why not post the list of names here, since I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

I would think you would have better luck finding a baseball card website.

Goggle "baseball cards buy sell" and see what you find.
Flipper
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

Your local magazine outlet usually has price books published monthly...
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Return to “General Discussion”