Close Combat game I'd REALLY like to see

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

GaryChildress

Close Combat game I'd REALLY like to see

Post by GaryChildress »

I think this would be a great idea for a Close Combat game.

Basically have a grand campaign map (ala CC4/CC5/WaR/TLD) with 20-30 seperate scenario maps. Right down the middle of the campaign map have the front line. On either side of the front line would be the rear areas of each player. Give each player a ceratin number of battle groups to populate the map with. Give each player the option to deploy his battle groups anywhere he wants on his side of the map on turn 1. After that, the players basically have at each other. Either player can decide to go on offense or defense. At the end of the campaign the player controlling the most number of victory locations wins. I think this would be ideal for a new version of Close Combat: Modern Tactics.

Also give each player the ability to choose what type of TO&E he wants for his overall force. For instance I would be able to choose whether I want to field an Armored Division or a Mechanized Division or whatever. Once I choose my unit I am given a set number of battlegroups for that unit with ceratin TO&Es for each battle group. I can go through my division roster and choose what attachments to divy out to my battlegroups. Once the battlegroup TO&E selection process is over we deploy our battlegroups on the campaign map according to what our overall plan of attack or defense is.

Would this be an awesome game or what? [8D]
Fred98

RE: Close Combat game I'd REALLY like to see

Post by Fred98 »

You can do this in the scenario editor.

It is not nescessary for allied troops to start on the beach. You can choose any map or maps.

-

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

But can you create it so that the two sides can pre-place their battle groups wherever they want on turn 1?
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Yes!

Anywhere on the map!

Use the scenario editor of The Longest Day!

-

killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

I'd prefer to see a random battle/campaign generator for Close Combat then I would buy the series. I never did understand why it doesn't have one and Combat Mission, Steel Panthers and the Koios series has one if not both of the generators?
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

I would prefer something where player commands a platoon/company and the AI plays the strategic part of the game, thus generating objectives for the player's unit. One would be able to start playing game as a part of any battlegroup, providing a variety of units to command. Gameplay would feature realistic command and control.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

Yes!

Anywhere on the map!

Use the scenario editor of The Longest Day!

-

I've fiddled with the Scenario editor a little and I don't see where it can do quite what I am getting at. [&:] What I'm advocating would require some different screens from what are currently available in CC I think. For one, there would need to be a screen at the beginning of the campaign where you and your opponent place battle groups onto the map. The placement of battlegroups would be veiled from your opponent so he won't know how you are deployed.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

The placement of battlegroups would be veiled from your opponent so he won't know how you are deployed.

That is a good idea but not currently possible. Once you create youre scenario both you and youre opponent know exactly the starting positions of every battlegroup.

-

Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

After a bit of thinking, CC game that I'd REALLY like to see would be a commercial release of CCMAT. It would be Awesome[:D].

Return to “General Discussion”