Movies for Memorial Day?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

KG Erwin

Movies for Memorial Day?

Post by KG Erwin »

I thought about revisiting a few episodes of "Band of Brothers". I've recently been watching episodes of the series "Life", which also stars Damian Lewis, this time as an LAPD detective. Lewis is as English as you can get, but he pulls off the generic midwest-American accent perfectly. He was completely convincing as Richard Winters in "BoB".

What will be on your viewing list for the holiday?
nelmsm1

RE: Movies for Memorial Day?

Post by nelmsm1 »

TCM has been running war movies since yesterday. Just finished watching Where Eagles Dare and now it's The Bridge Over the River Kwai. I think they are running all through Monday. I think AMC will be running movies tomorrow. So I guess I'll just pick out which movie I like best that is on. Just occured to me while watching this that William Holden ended up in two of the best war movies of all time, The Bridge Over the River Kwai and Stalag 17.
D.Ilse

Post by D.Ilse »

watching bits of a 900+ min Doc on Korea(3 DVD set I got at Walmart for 5.00) and a second Doc(another 930mins) on Vietnam.
D.Ilse

Post by D.Ilse »

also going to watch the Nascar Coke600 since it was washed out Sun, although I saw Button take Monaco and the guy who's name I can not spell but got off on his Tax scam charge win the Indie500(which had a great pre-race flyover with a B-25 Med. Bomber) so 2 of the 3 on sunday wasn't too bad.

ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

One movie I like is one that not too many people have heard of. It's a 1934 movie called the "Lost Patrol" which has 11 British soldiers in WW 1 in the desert getting picked off one by one by an Arab sniper. I see it once every 5 years or so late night and I never get tired of it.

Or was is it "Last" instead of "Lost"? Me and my memory....
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

Return to “General Discussion”