Ici, on parle français...

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

MarkShot

RE: Salut à tous !

Post by MarkShot »

You know I was just reading over this thread. All I can say is Quelle Domage! (what a shame) that we failed to create 100 page abridged manual of for COTA in French. I had such high hopes when this effort started.

Sigh ....
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Y a t'il quelqu'un qui joue aussi Campaign Series et peut comparer les deux jeux?  Je connais Campaign Series tres bien.  Je ne connais pas ce jeu, mais je voudrais bien m'en enseigner.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Frank,

J'espere que tu peut lire Anglais, parce que mon Francais est tres mal. Je suppose tu peut le lire, parce que il est necessare a lire Anglais a jouer COTA.

I understand what you are asking but I do not know anything about the Campaign Series.

There were some articles which appeared on COTA in PC4WAR and Cyberstrategie a few years back. Perhaps, you can look up those back issues to get an overview of COTA in French. Also, one of those isses came with CD containing a brief guide in French for COTA. Hold on while I check for the issues. A French friend sent me copies.

PC4WAR No10 - HTTR
PC4WAR No22 - COTA
PC4WAR No23 - COTA
CyberStratege - No4 COTA

Perhaps, you can find copies of these at a library.

I am not sure where I put the CDs.

BTW, we will be releasing the next game BFTB pretty soon.
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Thanks.  I'll check out this game.  I just find the strong French following curious.  I haven't really seen it in the other threads.  Campaign Series has some French and Quebecois players, but they don't have their own thread.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Well, I had launched this thread due to the fact that COTA has recently appeared in those gaming magazines and received recognition within the French war gaming community. A friend of mine who is a French game designer, told me he thought there might be a market in France for a 1,000 or more units of COTA. So, we were hoping to "lancer une appel a les jouers Francaises" with this thread. You are only about three years late! :)

A+
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

Bonjour à tous,

J'éspère que le forum n'est pas trop déserté car j'aurais besoin d'aide.
Comme certains j'ai un problème de son depuis le dernier patch. Je n'est plus de son quand j'arrive à la radio et in-game.
J'ai tous essayé:
- désinstaller
- réinstaller
- mise à jour des drivers son
Mais toujours rien. Donc si quelqu'un connaît une solution je lui en serrait reconnaissant[&o].
Merci[:)]
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Chaudart,

I am going to translate your problem into English as Dave, President and developer, does not read French. Hopefully, he will be able to help you.
I hope that this forum isn't too deserted that I can get some help. There is no longer any sound when I arrive at the Radio Dial or within the game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. All my drivers of up to date. Still no luck. If anyone would know the solution, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Did you go into the game to the Options Tab and make sure the Volume control is not over to the far left?
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

Ooops!![:(]

I'm very embarrass!! I'm looking for à lot of solutions, but I never had think in this.
It was so simple and I'm ashamed for not finding. Thanks a lot[;)].

Now, I'm going to enjoy this wonderful game...sorry, the best Operational wargames of all time[8D]
I'm waiting with impatience BFTB...(there may be a french release[;)])

Thanks you again Markshot!
PS : Sorry if my english is poor. It's not my fault, it's the fault of our school system[:D]
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Chaudart,

Welcome. I'm glad you've got your sound working. Enjoy.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Well, your English is better than my French. I follow French, but I cannot speak. (Despite being affiliated with a French game developer, AGEOD, for three years now, I haven't improved any. Oh, well...)

It looks like I got lucky with your problem. :)

Have fun!

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”