A little help please

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Marshal_Ney

A little help please

Post by Marshal_Ney »

Gentlemen,it is my pleasure and honor to make my first post in this nice forum,recentelly i purchased CoG EE online,and i found that it was even cheaper for me becouse i already owned the first one.
i come here to you becouse i have a few question to ask,and i hope that some of you will be so kind to reply at me.
my first question is this,i just started my very first campaign with the new CoG and i managed to defeat the austrian army in a major battle,after that they surrended to me,but i couldn't find any way to ask them the territories i occupied or money for the war that i won,i just received this simple message that austia surrended,but it seems that after that i couldn't get anything from them,how come? is perhaps something that i missed?
the next question that i would like to ask you is about the new brigade level system combat,i could not manage to have more than 25 or 30 units in the tactical battlefield with the brigade dettailed battle option,i was wondering what is the limitation of brigades that the game allows to deploy in the battlefield,and if there are major battles with over 100.000 men do you suggest me to play it in the classical way? i guess it will be impossible for CoG to handle all the brigades in a huge conflict.
thanks for reading this post and again thanks a lot to the creators of this wonderful game,so far the best napoleonic game that we have in the market.
regards.

Kingmaker

RE: A little help please

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

MN, for the 1st part, go to the 'Diplomacy' page, open up 'Make new Treaty' then at the bottom of the list of treaties on the Left, under 'Surrender', is the "Terms of Surrender" open that up and then add in treaty bits from the list eg ''Remove General' etc as clauses.

To the Bottom right of the Surrender treaty it will show how many surrender points you have earned, as you add clauses the total will reduse, don't fret about getting it exact as any points you don't use will be rounded up as cash to make up to the full total.

Sorry haven't a clue re the 2nd point.

Good luck with the game it only gets better the more you get to grips with it.

All the Best
Peter
Marshal_Ney

Post by Marshal_Ney »

Dear Mr.Peter thank you very much for your reply,thanks to you now i know how to deal with the AI after the end of a conflict,now i wish that i could get a reply about my second question if possible,thanks again for helping me.
kind regards
Marshal_Ney

Post by Marshal_Ney »

Can anyone please give me an answer about my second question?
ant1815

Post by ant1815 »

ORIGINAL: Marshal_Ney

Can anyone please give me an answer about my second question?

I think that may be what's referred to as RTFM [;)]

I can't remember, off the top of my head, what the exact number is but I've definitely read it in the manual somewhere.
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

I don't know what the # of brigades on a hex map limit is...but I guess for large battles I would do a division level combat.
adamc6

Post by adamc6 »

Also do not see an specific # in the manual relating to bdes. 

At that size, I just use divisional combat.  We'd need input from developers on that #.

New patch due soon (maybe this week?) -- so use this current game as a test ..... then get ready for the patched version for your first enduring game. 
If hindsight is 20/20, what is foresight?
ant1815

Post by ant1815 »

Manual, Page 60, section 3.3 'Battle limits'

22 units per side in divisional level +/- terrain/weather modifiers

Manual Page 62, first paragraph. Brigade level combat: Twice as many units as Divisional level. [8|]
Marshal_Ney

Post by Marshal_Ney »

thanks a lot for your help.
regards

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”