PG Reality TV (remote control a beta)?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

MarkShot

PG Reality TV (remote control a beta)?

Post by MarkShot »

Let's play a little PG Reality TV, shall we?

(this is a 24+ hour poll, but it doesn't look like I can create a poll)

If you will recall, COTA came with Scenario Complexity Table in the manual and I made an XLS available as well.

Now, I know that many of you grog types will play your scenarios in historical sequence or by geographic area. Myself, I usually try to work my way up from easier to harder. This usually means shorter, less units, and less VLs. However, a word of caution: Sometimes the short scenarios since the RDOA days can be the hardest nuts to crack when you throw in order delays.

Well, given the way I approach playing, I had proposed such a table for COTA. Now, as a beta, you learn to be careful what you say:

Mark: "Dave, I think we should do XYZ."

Dave: "Great idea, Mark! When do you think, you'll be done?"

You see what I mean? And you cannot say "no", since Dave is really a very charming guy. Fortunately Dave is using his charm for the greater good of mankind. Could you imagine the mess we would all be in if someone like Dave was using his charm to sell derivative instruments based on subprime loans? (Things be a lot worse than they are.)

Doing this for COTA, involved counting everything by hand. A real pain for those German para scenarios with 30 reinforcement events and couple hundred units. However, yesterday, I saw that I can get this done for BFTB much easier.

Here is my question (I'll check in a day or so on responses):

(1) Mark does the Scenario Complexity Table later and works on the Mini-Guide now. The Table will be done later and made available for download (PDF & XLS).

or

(2) Mark does the Table now in time to get a print version with duration, # VLs, #unit, and complexity rating included in the BFTB manual. (XLS will still be available later)

Let the voting begin.

Thanks.

Attachments
bftb003.jpg
bftb003.jpg (681.6 KiB) Viewed 68 times
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
WhiteOwl

RE: PG Reality TV (remote control a beta)?

Post by WhiteOwl »

Woo hoo, first vote! I vote you get cracking on the mini-AAR (as if your previous 1000-post-long AAR threads were mini :)). We can always download the table, and, heck, since you posted about doing the mini-AAR, I've been checking in with OCD-like determination to get to read it.

Cheers
Banquet

Post by Banquet »

Hi Mark,

Great to see you involved with this. I vote for mini guide first but, really, knowing you will do them both at some point is fantastic :)
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Mark,

I just edited your first message and there's an Add Poll button at the top. I hit that and created the poll you now see. Can you Edit the first message and see if you have the Add Poll button?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

I vote for the mini guide/AAR. The complexity chart will be a nice addition, but I would rather hear about the new features and AI.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Mark, you're crazy if you think you are getting out of that miniguide first - that thing literally sold copies of COTA on its own!
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

I'm one of the oddballs that wants the Scenario table.  But honestly I'd settle for the game instead![:D]
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Mini-Guide it is.

I'll work on it tomorrow. Today's pretty much done with.

(I'll check and see when the manual must be finalized. Maybe I can slip in under the wire.)
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

He he he - Dave gave me a deadline for submission of my chart, but I am not telling you what that is. Suffer! :)

Return to “Command Ops Series”