Bug - Power ratings for Alternate Scenarios

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Dab

Bug - Power ratings for Alternate Scenarios

Post by Dab »

First post here.

Great game as was COG.

I read through the Bug reports in this section of the forum but didn't see this one.

First scenario I started as Poland 1792. Adjusted the power rating up at the start (just a test game anyway).

The extra units created because of the increased power ranking appear in Stockholm instead of Warsaw as they should.

Also can confirm that when you recapture provinces of a multi-province protectorate which have been taken by the enemy, you now have control of the production and builds in those recaptured provinces.

Some other notes. Sieges are very different in this game and it seems like 1 militia in a garrison will almost always surrender on the first turn of the siege. Not sure if this is by design although I see that militia is weaker in manpower than in COG. Also a port in the province doesn't seem to help this.

In COG my protectorates never built any improvements (barracks, courts etc.) after I took them as protectorates; when the computer player controlled protectorates they did build improvements. Same thing in COG:EE as far as I can tell.

A tweak to the AI to build courts up to level 2 when rebels keep appearing in a province would be good.

Stategy tip for new players. To gain a country as a protectorate, get to the point where they are showing your flag as most favored nation through the use of diplomats and subsidies. Then declare war on a neighboring minor country. A thread earlier had someone having trouble with Denmark while playing Sweden.

After getting Denmark to show you are most favored, declare war on Mecklenburg yourself and Denmark will ask you for protectorate status on the next turn after war is declared. Sneak attacking them will speed it up one turn. You can suck up large areas of Germany this way. All the vets probably know this method.
ericbabe

RE: Bug - Power ratings for Alternate Scenarios

Post by ericbabe »

Oh, that's an interesting bug.  At the point in the game at which those units are created, the capital hasn't been transferred yet.  Good catch.

Sieges are easier in COG:EE as this was frequently requested on the basis of greater historical feel.  We've added the "superfortress" concept to model those locations which were more heavily defensible.

Return to “Tech Support”