Question about aircraft engines for AE

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BJStone

Question about aircraft engines for AE

Post by BJStone »

Hi all,

I'm playing a stock game and selected engine factories in Tokyo. I wanted to change the production of Hitachi Engines in a factory that is producing 120 per month and change the production to Nakajima Engines with a production rate of 60 per month (yeah - I know - it'll reduce initial production to 0 and then work it's way up - they call it "repairing the damage" in the manual - to the number per month that the factory is set to).

While I can switch production from Hitachi to Nakajima engines, I cannot seem to reduce max limit for the number of engines produced per month.

If there is no way to reduce production of an engine factory in stock, will I be able to reduce engine production in AE when it comes out?
Regards,

BJ
ChickenOfTheSea

RE: Question about aircraft engines for AE

Post by ChickenOfTheSea »

Just stop repairing your factories after reaching 60.

It would be less wasteful to switch production of smaller factories instead.

Factories can have production switched on and off anytime as well.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
BJStone

Post by BJStone »

I'd rather set my factories for the production levels I wish to attain. I was just hoping their had been some changes to the current method of engine production.

If not I can live with it - I just find it frustrating in a minor sort of way. I am greatly pleased with the current version of WiTP and look forward to AE coming out.

Regards,

BJ
ChickenOfTheSea

Post by ChickenOfTheSea »

I don't know how AE will work. Since you were describing the situation in stock, I was talking about things to do in your situation in WITP.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
Czert

Post by Czert »

Yes, reducing of ouputs, same as expanding it by fixed ammount (1/10/20/50) will be very nice too, not only doubling.
For something simmiliar I questioned earlier, but get no response. Hope it will be implemented in AE - turning on/off is posible but it is to much nano-mangment.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”