Toaw video

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

damezzi

Toaw video

Post by damezzi »

I've downloaded a free desktop recording tool and, while playing with it, had the idea to make a little promotional
video for Toaw.

In fact, I was thinking about beginning to play PBEM on the third quarter of this years, since I'll have a little more spare time, but I'm noticing that I may have a hard time finding an opponent (based on the last threads I've seen calling for one) and considering that I tend to like some not so popular scenarios.... So, I thought I could offer my 2 cents to helping attract new players.

A little video is almost nothing, but those little things like Silvanski's tweak of scenarios, Bonnierat Vietnam series, the maintainance of Rugged Defense (well, those are in fact greater than 'my little thing'), among others, are the fuel that keeps this game alive in my opinion. Matrix is too occupied with the promotion of new titles in a market that is eager of novelties.

With my almost null experience in scenario edition and my lack of experience in PBEM tactics, I can't do much in those areas. So I leave a suggestion for veteran players to do little movies explaining strategies and tactics. If you already have the necessary experience with the game mechanics, this turn out to be very easy to put in practice. With a free desktop recording software you just have to make some easy adjustment of frame rate and compression to fit your system and begin recording (audio is recorded too).

I think that a couple of small videos put on the net would be a great tool to stimulate new players. For those scared by the game's complexities it would desmystify it and for those who have the impression that it's all about counters pushing, it would show them that there is more to it. Well, it's just a suggestion.

Watch the video in High Quality (press the HQ button on the bottom right of the video window). No need to comment on the video by itself, but if you can leave a favorable comment about the game, it would be nice to attract potential players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY0rgXQ9dCQ

Btw, I don't know how this related videos tool thing works. In youtube help they say we don't have any control over their choice, but even after placing a lot of key words and changing the title and category, I wasn't able to make it display videos with related subjects. If someone knows about the criterias used, please post.
Silvanski

RE: Toaw video

Post by Silvanski »

ORIGINAL: damezzi
...after placing a lot of key words and changing the title and category, I wasn't able to make it display videos with related subjects. If someone knows about the criterias used, please post.
Search Hearts Of Iron.. There are several videos about that game... maybe look what keywords they're using

Edit to add... did a YT search , someone recently posted a fast-forward in-game video of the Six Days War on the tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXM9BHYKAg
The TOAW Redux Dude
damezzi

RE: Toaw video

Post by damezzi »

ORIGINAL: Silvanski
Search Hearts Of Iron.. There are several videos about that game... maybe look what keywords they're using

Edit to add... did a YT search , someone recently posted a fast-forward in-game video of the Six Days War on the tube

Most games have a lot of videos in youtube. I've made some research before producing this one and only found the one you quoted. Those videos can serve very well as teasers and an indication that their communities are alive, independently of their quality. That's why I suggested the production of videos by veteran players.

I've done some research on the related videos subject and it seems that it is a mystery to everybody. I'm still waiting for it to be indexed in the search engine to see how it works. Title, key words, description etc, is supposed to influence search, but related videos use strange criteria, according to other users. The first time I uploaded this video, I got completely different related videos using the same key words; since I experienced problems with the compression, I deleted it and uploaded again. I'll wait to see if it changes with time.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”