For Anyone Who Thinks They've Been Waiting Too Long

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wgs_explorer

For Anyone Who Thinks They've Been Waiting Too Long

Post by wgs_explorer »

I just thought I'd pass on a news story I read today for anyone who thinks they've been waiting too long for AE. Today it was announced that the gaming company 3D Realms was closing down due to lack of money. The publisher, Take-Two announced it was cutting funding for the game, "Duke Nukem Forever". 3D Realms was working on the game for 12 years![X(]

12 years and the game still isn't complete. Seems to me that 4 years is nothing in comparison. Be happy you haven't been waiting 12 years and then get rewarded with a company going out of business. Plus, we've had 4 years of a game, while it may have been a little buggy at times, is still a wonderful game.

Bill
RevRick

RE: For Anyone Who Thinks They've Been Waiting Too Long

Post by RevRick »

Reminds me of "Pacific Storm." The site is still up, but there's no one home.

Correction: The site went down on 4/29/09.
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”