CCAW Guadalcanal to CAW

Carriers At War is Strategic Studies Group famed simulation of Fleet Carrier Air and Naval Operations in the Pacific from 1941 - 1945.

Moderators: Gregor_SSG, alexs

jcrohio

CCAW Guadalcanal to CAW

Post by jcrohio »

Finished first attempt at a scenario - picked a simple one from old CAW and ported it over to the new CAW - chose one where the map already existed in CAW as did most of the ships and all the planes

Was basicaly just a process of cleaning up - 90% of the material came over from the old scenarios including the warroom - there were a lot of mistakes which needed fixed - most of the mistakes were minor

If anybody attempts this the two biggest things in the warroom were
1) how crippled ships are now handled
2) there is a flaw in the transfer routines - all of the "and" statements were changed to "or" - showed up in the task force effectiveness warcards (and probably others)

If any one is interested PM me - I don't know how to host or I would - all you need is three files Guadalcanal.caw, Guadalcanal.srf. and Momi.srf (the only ship that needed to be created)

Jack

Jack
Froonp

RE: CCAW Guadalcanal to CAW

Post by Froonp »

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

Finished first attempt at a scenario - picked a simple one from old CAW and ported it over to the new CAW - chose one where the map already existed in CAW as did most of the ships and all the planes

Was basicaly just a process of cleaning up - 90% of the material came over from the old scenarios including the warroom - there were a lot of mistakes which needed fixed - most of the mistakes were minor

If anybody attempts this the two biggest things in the warroom were
1) how crippled ships are now handled
2) there is a flaw in the transfer routines - all of the "and" statements were changed to "or" - showed up in the task force effectiveness warcards (and probably others)

If any one is interested PM me - I don't know how to host or I would - all you need is three files Guadalcanal.caw, Guadalcanal.srf. and Momi.srf (the only ship that needed to be created)

Jack

I'm interested, but to save you the trouble of sending it to multiple people, you may zip all the files along with a txt file explainig which file goes where in the game's folders, and upload the zip file to one of the following websites, and just post the URL here :

- http://dl.free.fr/
- http://www.yousendit.com/

The URL is usually sent to you by the website to where you uploaded the file, in an email. You just have to post the URL here.
jcrohio

RE: CCAW Guadalcanal to CAW

Post by jcrohio »

Tried both sites - one in french (I am American and speak no French) and the other seemed to be a site for mailing but not storing files - I played with it for a while and actually have an account but cannot figure out how to use it

If you will pm me with an email address I really don't mind sending it

Jack

Jack

Return to “Carriers At War”